IBM Regional Business Development Manager
We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
The IBM Regional Business Development Manager will develop joint go-to-market strategies that will result in the expansion of the Flexera OEM business at IBM within a targeted region. The most important responsibility will be to create and oversee the execution of OEM booking-driving programs and initiatives, evangelize Flexera's value proposition within IBM organizations and advocate for IBM inside Flexera.
A critical success factor will be the collaboration with multiple cross-functional stakeholders, including Sales, Professional Services, Support, and Marketing. Success in this position means meeting and exceeding the bookings quota with IBM.
- Achieve the goals established by the company for the success of the IBM partnership in the assigned region
- Establish, manage, and support a meeting cadence to foster strong regional executive relationships between Flexera and IBM sales, AIOPS, compliance, and IASP teams
- Lead joint regional IBM/Flexera GTM campaigns, business development workshops, presentations, etc., to enable IBM account teams in the assigned region to accelerate building and maintaining the sales pipeline of Flexera OEM solutions
- Develop and maintain relationships at the rep level as a way to look for opportunities to create pipeline with IBM
- Work with IBM regional leadership to understand business, goals, and strategies and find opportunities to help them understand how partnering with Flexera assists them in achieving their goals
- Establish, manage, and support a meeting cadence between IBM and Flexera regional sales leadership.
- Work with Flexera Alliances that also sell IBM alliances to develop three-way go-to-market strategies
- Assist internal sales teams as needed in deals that have IBM involved or should have IBM involved
- Define joint value propositions, sources of differentiation, messaging, and positioning with IBM for the Flexera OEM solutions in the region
- Work with the Sales Operations team to maintain an accurate joint sales pipeline. Own and drive all aspects of operational reporting, including wins, pipeline, mapped accounts, and any other metrics important to the alliance and key stakeholders. Ensure pipeline management cadence is regularly occurring within Flexera and externally with IBM
- Maintain the regional IBM strategic alliance plan, coordinating with the global IBM alliance leader, to keep an up-to-date view of the go-to-market approach, top priorities, and sales goals for the alliance
- Work closely with the Marketing team to create a marketing plan that supports your IBM business objectives in the region. Provide support and oversight to marketing campaign and event execution. Coordinate with colleagues to ensure collateral is up to date.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- BA/BS minimum (MBA a plus)
- Experience working for an enterprise software company
- Experience in Alliance, Sales, and/or GTM offer development, specifically with software vendors
- Proven success with planning and execution of go-to-market programs
- Passionate, self-motivated, and disciplined self-starter requiring little supervision in the planning and execution of tasks with the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Capable of building strong working relationships across all levels of the company
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Travel 40% of the time within region
- Prior experience at IBM is ideal but not required
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.