Senior Software Engineer
We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
Senior Software Engineer
At Flexera, we're on a mission to empower global enterprises by transforming IT insights into decisive actions. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with expertise in Databricks technology including Spark and Delta Lake to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of technical leadership and deep technical expertise in Databricks and related technologies.
As a senior software engineer you will be responsible for helping to architect, develop, and maintain our Databricks platform. You will collaborate closely with other engineering teams to ensure seamless integration with other components of our system.
You'll be expected to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience, along with 5+ years of experience in software engineering, including 3+ years of expertise with Databricks technology including Spark and Delta Lake.
- Strong technical expertise in distributed systems, big data, and cloud computing.
- Experience in technically leading and contributing to high-performing engineering teams.
- Solid understanding of microservices architecture.
- Experience with other big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, and Cassandra.
- Outstanding communication skills and emotional intelligence to collaborate effectively with teams across the organization.
- Prior experience mentoring and providing technical guidance to junior engineers.
What you'll do:
- Architect, develop, and maintain our Databricks platform.
- Define and implement technical solutions for our Databricks platform.
- Drive innovation in Databricks enabling capabilities to enhance speed to innovation for our analytics, AI/ML, and product development teams.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to seamlessly integrate these services with the rest of our platform.
- Continuously enhance your technical skills and mentor other engineers.
- Promote a high-standard engineering culture within the team.
- Collaborate with product and design teams to ensure the platform meets user needs.
- Review project requirements, technical artifacts, and designs in partnership with Product Management and engineering teams to ensure user satisfaction.
- Balance priorities between new feature development, architectural enhancements, and technical debt reduction for a sustainable and scalable platform.
- Champion continuous improvement in product quality, security, and performance standards within the development team.
At Flexera, we foster a fun and engaged hybrid working environment where collaboration and innovation thrive. We value diversity and encourage applicants from underrepresented groups in technology to apply. Join our team to not only contribute to a world-class global product but also to grow in your career. At Flexera, we encourage continuous learning and provide opportunities for professional development.
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.