Senior Quality Engineer
We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
Senior Quality Software Engineer
At Flexera, we're on a mission to empower global enterprises by transforming IT insights into decisive actions. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated senior quality engineer to join our dynamic team working on Databricks, a cutting-edge technology platform.
As a senior quality engineer, you will be responsible for helping to build the test strategy, and design, develop, and support test automation for our Databricks platform. You will collaborate closely with other the software engineers on the team and quality engineers across the organization to build a testing framework and tests for the platform and also contribute to our end-to-end testing strategy.
You'll be expected to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience, along with 5+ years of experience in quality engineering, including 1+ years of expertise with Databricks technology including Spark and Delta Lake.
- Strong technical expertise in distributed systems, big data, and cloud computing.
- Strong proficiency in designing and implementing automated test scripts using testing frameworks (e.g., Selenium, JUnit, TestNG).
- Experience with testing tools related to big data technologies (e.g., Spark, Delta Lake) is highly desirable.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycles, agile methodologies, and continuous integration practices.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to effectively document test plans, test cases, and defects.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git) and continuous integration tools (e.g., Jenkins) is a plus.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and related services is a bonus.
What you'll do:
- Develop, implement, and execute comprehensive test plans and test cases for Databricks functionalities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand product requirements and provide feedback on design and implementation.
- Design and maintain automated test scripts and frameworks for continuous integration and regression testing.
- Perform manual testing for scenarios that cannot be automated, ensuring thorough coverage.
- Identify, isolate, and document software defects using established defect tracking tools.
- Work closely with development teams to prioritize, troubleshoot, and resolve issues, ensuring the highest quality of software releases.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to improve code quality and testability.
- Contribute to the improvement of testing processes and methodologies to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices, emerging technologies, and testing tools to continually improve the quality of our software.
At Flexera, we foster a fun and engaged hybrid working environment where collaboration and innovation thrive. We value diversity and encourage applicants from underrepresented groups in technology to apply. Join our team to not only contribute to a world-class global product but also to grow in your career. At Flexera, we encourage continuous learning and provide opportunities for professional development.
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.