Associate Software Engineer
We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
Associate Software Engineer
At Flexera, we're on a mission to empower global enterprises by transforming IT insights into decisive actions. We are looking for a Associate Software Engineer with expertise in building and supporting core SaaS platform technology including identity and access management (IAM), message bus, notifications, and related platform components to join our team.
As an Associate Software Engineer on our SaaS Platform Services Team, you will be a key player in designing, developing, and maintaining critical components of our platform. This role requires expertise in GoLang and developing, integrating with, and supporting shared platform services and technology such as Identify and Access Management (IAM), API Gateway, Kubernetes, and Kafka.
What you'll do:
- Help define and execute on the technical roadmap for our core SaaS platform technology.
- Work closely with engineering teams to integrate these services with the rest of our platform.
- Collaborate closely with both architecture and engineering teams to review project requirements, technical artifacts, and designs, and ensure that our platform meets the needs of our users.
- Design, develop, and maintain high-quality, scalable, and reliable software components using GoLang.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and refine requirements for platform services including IAM, API Gateway, notification services, and message bus.
- Deploy, and manage containerized services leveraging Kubernetes.
- Implement best practices for code quality, security, and scalability.
You'll be expected to have:
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 0–1-year relevant experience in software development including experience in GoLang programming language.
- Experience in container technologies, with a focus on Kubernetes, experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure), and familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and DevOps practices.
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and API standards such as REST and GraphQL.
- Proficiency in designing and implementing IAM solutions is a plus.
- Experience with developing and maintaining customer facing APIs is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
At Flexera, we foster a fun and engaged hybrid working environment where collaboration and innovation thrive. We value diversity and encourage applicants from underrepresented groups in technology to apply.
Join our team to not only contribute to a world-class global product but also to grow in your career. At Flexera, we encourage continuous learning and provide opportunities for professional development.
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.