Senior Manager, Technical Support
We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
Experienced Support Leader responsible for overseeing a team of Technical Support Engineers, ensuring team, customer, and operational success. Responsible for team/management direction and ensuring work aligns with Flexera's business goals. Will drive focus on accuracy, timely feedback, and customer satisfaction by coordinating the efforts of the team and using influence to expedite critical/escalated cases. Develops a broad understanding of customer needs and understand expectations from enterprise-level customers. Drives the knowledge-sharing mindset, methodologies, and tools. Develops Technical Support processes, ensures proper documentation and recording of all activities and communication. Desires to be part of a superb team in a company that is recognized as an industry leader.
- Manage a team of technical support engineers, and potentially other managers in the future, to provide proactive and reactive support to customers.
- Coach, develop, and inspire team members on their personal and professional development plan. Complete performance reviews and goal setting exercises within company deadlines
- Encourage open communication between team members, suggesting and driving forward ideas about how the team can work more effectively together; empowering the team to perform at their highest level.
- Collaborate and communicate with cross-functional teams including Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, Consulting Services to ensure alignment.
- Ensure clarity around priorities and goals for your support team. Lead meetings and articulate the course of action.
- Staff recruitment and on-boarding. Attract diverse talent and cultivate an inclusive environment.
- Work with senior management and other peers for strategy development and execution planning
- Recognize and identify opportunities for continuous improvement and proactively propose and implement these solutions.
- Assign critical and escalated issues to appropriate resources.
- Analyze situations and determine resources needed to solve them.
- Follow up with customers to gauge their satisfaction with problem resolution, identify technical support problem areas based on CSAT scores and feedback. Handle CTAs (Calls-To-Action) and implement corrective actions where needed.
- Ensure ongoing training for tech support staff, advise tech support staff on competency development.
- Collaborate with other support leaders across three regions (EMEA, North America, and APAC) to maintain a follow-the-sun support model for Flexera’s customers and partners.
- Create and maintain all documentation and procedures relating to Support.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field.
- Customer focused and able to empathize with their needs.
- Influence for Impact – Understands stakeholder impact. Fosters collaboration and communication. Listens and disagrees with candor and professionalism. Leads to get best from team and individuals and is accountable for results.
- Business Insight - Assesses and understands business risks and opportunities that will lead to substantial and timely business outcomes. Works on the business not just in the business. Exhibits change agility and navigates ambiguity within the team and org.
- Coach for Performance - Understands what and how to motivate teams. Enables, delegates, and empowers to drive and deliver performance. Keeps score with actionable and measurable goals/KPIs. Gives consistent, timely, and constructive feedback. Enables a culture of learning. Plays to win.
- Decision Making - Takes calculated risks making decisions that promote the interest of the company, employees, customers, and partners. Employs strategic thinking and problem solving. Moves quickly and understands their limits and asks for help when needed. Not afraid to make difficult people decisions and addresses quickly.
- Direction Setting - Initiates, agitates, and motivates. Asks "why" and "why not" and doesn't settle for "always been this way." Infuses team with passion and creativity and encourages action. Takes intelligent risks, and then it's GO time. Offers clear direction on what is expected of the team and individual members so there are no surprises on outcomes or performance.
- Experience with staff recruitment and on-boarding.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas into easy-to-understand business terms to different levels of an organization. Comfortable delivering presentations.
- Track record of collaboration and teamwork.
- Strong computer, analytical, overall management, and organizational skills.
- Innovative mindset and enthusiasm for process improvement.
- Fundamental understanding of management practices and techniques.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.