Senior Software Engineer
We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
Flexera Software is looking for a seasoned Senior Software Engineer to be part of Development team for Software Composition Analysis (SCA) team.
More about Product: https://www.flexera.com/products/software-composition-analysis/flexnet-code-insight.html
- MCA or B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required.
- 4-6 years of experience working in enterprise applications using Java.
- Good knowledge on Java, Spring and Hibernate is a must have.
- Good experience in relational database such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle (at least one of them) is a must have.
- Experience in having solved J2EE deployment issues including transactions, deadlocks, threading, etc.
- Experience with working on a very large database
- Experience in data structures, design patterns, when to apply a pattern, and when not to apply a pattern.
- Experience in performance tuning of application and databases is a plus.
- Should have very good problem solving skills
- Should be able to deliver/guide a story to Definition of Done.
- Very good communication skills and should be a good at stake holder management.
- Exposure to Agile processes, Code reviews, Unit testing, Build management is desirable.
- Exposure to AWS, Azure is a plus.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Write and review design specifications for new product features.
- Design, implement, review and test software applications.
- Participate in reviews of requirement specifications to ensure feasibility.
- Conduct and participate in peer reviews to ensure product quality.
- Provide regular updates on progress and delays encountered during development.
- Improve team's technical capabilities and establish best practices for software development or test with the respective domain.
- Communication across various stakeholders.
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.