We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
We are currently searching for a Staff Accountant on the Revenue Accounting Team located in Itasca, IL. The primary goal of the Senior Accountant will be timely review of sales contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition & contributing to routine monthly close processes. In addition, the Senior Accountant will need to learn and understand Flexera’s products and pricing strategies and how they impact revenue recognition under ASC 606.
- Assist in accurate revenue reporting, including ARR (Annual Recurring Revenue) and GAAP revenue under ASC 606
- Works closely with Sales and Legal teams to negotiate and structure sales contracts to maximize revenue and minimize deferrals
- Provide general assistance in the preparation and posting of various journal entries
- Preparation of account reconciliations and account analyses
- Perform daily analysis, review exception reports and reconcile accounting systems to ensure accurate reporting
- Creating and performing ad hoc queries and analyses
- Provide support for external audits
- Special projects as required by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CPA in progress preferred
- 1 – 3 years of Accounting experience
- Advanced proficiency in Excel required
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Technical or practical knowledge of revenue recognition standard ASC 606 a plus
- Exceptional written/oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with NetSuite and Salesforce.com a plus
- Public Accounting experience a plus
- Ability to break down complex issues and tailor communication style to a range of audiences, including non-accountants, and to clearly articulate ideas, solutions and conclusions to stakeholders
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize effectively and work well colleagues across businesses and geographies in a fast-paced environment
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.