Senior Quality Engineer
We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Quality Engineer with a strong background in setting up, writing, and building functional automation tests for our cutting-edge Cloud Cost Optimization solution. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and reliability of our software through the development and implementation of robust automated testing framework. You will be responsible for helping build the test strategy, and design, develop, and support test automation.
You'll be expected to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience, along with 5+ years of experience in quality engineering.
- Strong proficiency in designing and implementing automated test scripts using testing frameworks (e.g., Selenium, JUnit, TestNG).
- Strong proficiency in programming languages such as Java, Python, or another relevant language. Golang preferred.
- Strong technical expertise in cloud computing preferably in AWS with experience in Terraform, VPC.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycles, agile methodologies, and continuous integration practices.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to effectively document test plans, test cases, and defects.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git) and continuous integration tools (e.g., Jenkins) is a plus.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand product requirements and design comprehensive test plans for functional automation testing.
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts to validate the functionality, performance, and reliability of our software products ensuring thorough coverage using Golang and Ginkgo.
- Set up and configure automated testing environments, ensuring seamless integration with continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Identify and prioritize test cases for automation, considering risk, impact, and coverage.
- Work closely with software developers to integrate automated tests into the development process and provide timely feedback on code quality.
- Investigate and analyze test failures, working collaboratively with the development team to identify root causes and implement corrective actions.
- Perform manual testing for scenarios that cannot be automated, ensuring thorough coverage.
- Identify, isolate, and document software defects using established defect tracking tools.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to improve code quality and testability.
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.
We encourage candidates requiring accommodations to please let us know by emailing email@example.com.