Software Engineer III (IBM i)
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
We are looking for an experienced IBM i developer who will evolve within the Fortra R&D team, working on interesting and challenging software products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems.
- Design and implement major new features and functionality
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
- Work within R&D to improve processes and best practices
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Diagnose and fix complex product defects within a project.
- Work with limited supervision on complex projects.
- Assist and mentor less experienced team members.
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- In depth knowledge of the IBM i platform/OS
- 6+ years experience in modern ILE RPG development
- Knowledge of C and/or Java is preferred
- Preferably a degree in Computer Science or related IT field.
- Working knowledge and experience with the Agile Project development methodology.
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written.
- Mentoring skills.
Fortra Blog: What It's Like to Be in Development
This is Fortra, the new face of HelpSystems, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.