Cloud Ops Engineer II
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
This role will focus on deploying and maintaining well architected cloud infrastructure solutions to support our applications’ business and technical requirements as we establish a significant presence within the SaaS business market. The ideal candidate will be familiar with current and emerging cloud technologies, system architectures, automation tools and technologies. This role must work closely with application developers, sales, and support engineers across multiple product lines to deliver resilient cloud solutions in a team-oriented environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and implement state-of-the-art technical solutions on cloud infrastructure that address business requirements for scalability, reliability, security, automation, and performance
- Perform operational engineering activities which include platform upgrades, server patching, monitoring, configuration, troubleshooting, and documentation
- Identify, design, and deploy appropriate monitoring/alerting of service events related to performance, scalability, availability, and reliability
- Provide 24/7 support as part of an on-call rotation team that responds to afterhours infrastructure alerts and calls from the application support team requiring infrastructure support.
- Define and maintain critical cloud policies regarding Security, Service Level Agreements, Disaster Recovery, Shared Responsibility, Acceptable Use, Data Retention etc.
- Contribute to cloud strategy discussions, and decisions on overall cloud design and best approach for implementing cloud solutions
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar IT related discipline
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification or other cloud-related certification preferred
- Experience deploying web and service-based applications in Windows/Linux environments,
- General understanding of VPC Configuration; Networking, NACL; compliance; security groups, firewalls, NAT and packet filtering
- Proficiency in relevant scripting languages
- Working knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, and load balancing
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to work efficiently on multiple concurrent projects and meet project deadlines with limited supervision
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
- Typically requires 3-5 years of DevOps-like work or experience in a real time operational role
This is Fortra, the new face of HelpSystems, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.