Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
Reporting to the Deputy CFO, the Corporate Controller will play a pivotal role in ensuring the accuracy, integrity, and compliance of our financial operations on a global scale. The successful candidate will provide expert financial leadership, manage accounting functions across various regions, and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to uphold the company's financial integrity.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Global Financial Operations:
- Oversee and guide the financial accounting and reporting activities across multiple geographies, ensuring compliance with international accounting standards (GAAP/IFRS) and local regulations.
- Develop and implement global accounting policies and procedures to maintain consistent financial reporting practices throughout the organization.
Financial Reporting and Consolidation:
- Lead the timely and accurate preparation of consolidated financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements, for internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with regional accounting teams to consolidate financial data, ensuring accuracy and alignment with global standards.
Technical Accounting Expertise:
- Serve as the company's subject matter expert on complex accounting matters, including revenue recognition, leasing, and other significant financial transactions.
- Provide guidance on the interpretation and application of accounting standards to ensure compliance and accurate financial reporting.
Process Improvement and Efficiency:
- Evaluate and optimize accounting processes, systems, and controls to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and internal controls.
- Drive initiatives to automate manual processes and leverage technology for improved financial operations.
Global Team Leadership:
- Lead and mentor a diverse team of accounting professionals dispersed across different regions, fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture.
- Provide direction on technical matters, professional development, and talent acquisition.
- Partner closely with Finance, Tax, Legal, and other relevant departments to ensure alignment on financial strategies, compliance, and reporting.
- Collaborate on global initiatives and projects that impact financial accounting and reporting.
- Assess financial risks and develop risk mitigation strategies to safeguard the company's financial stability.
- Stay informed about changes in financial regulations and industry trends, adjusting strategies as needed.
- Interface with external auditors, regulators, and advisors to facilitate successful audits, regulatory compliance, and financial reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field; CPA or equivalent certification required
- 10+ years of progressive experience in finance and accounting roles, including 5+ years in a leadership role within a global corporation
- In-depth knowledge of international accounting standards (GAAP/IFRS), complex accounting topics, and emerging trends in accounting and financial reporting
- Proven track record of driving process improvement initiatives, optimizing internal controls, and implementing best practices
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal abilities with a track record of building and developing high-performing, global teams
- Proficiency in financial systems and ERP platforms; experience with implementing new accounting software
- Experience in software revenue recognition accounting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, adept at conveying complex financial matters to diverse audiences
This is Fortra, the new face of HelpSystems, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.