Software Engineer II
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
This position is responsible for enhancing and maintaining existing software products as well as developing new products. The ideal candidate has a strong desire for excellence, has started taking more initiative, works with less supervision, confidence in their expertise, team player and is a creative problem solver.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and implement new features and functionality.
- Diagnose and fix complex product defects within a project or supporting customers.
- Has basic knowledge and/or working toward having basic knowledge for assigned Fortra product(s).
- Actively participate in all Agile ceremonies
- The ability and self-discipline to use self-training tools (e.g. LinkedIn Learning).
- Be able to start writing less complex technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Perform testing of features and defect fixes performed by other developers.
- Follow and help refine our development best practices and standards.
- Help identify, prioritize, and execute tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Comply with standards, version controls, and product release procedures.
- Work with technical writers to ensure product documentation on new features and changes are properly documented.
- Work under minimal supervision on various projects
- Some latitude for independent judgement.
- Assist or mentor other less experienced team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of software life-cycle applications.
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum Project development methodology.
- A good working knowledge of the relevant programming language requirement for this role.
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to collaborate and work with a team are necessary.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience is required.
Fortra Blog: What It's Like to Be in Development
This is Fortra, the new face of HelpSystems, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.