Lead Financial Analyst
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
The Lead Financial Analyst focuses on providing first-rate financial support to the business units within Fortra to help them achieve their sales and financial goals. By acting as a finance business partner, the Lead Financial Analyst will work with executive and senior management across multiple functions and regions. The Lead Financial Analyst will be the “go-to” person for all financial metrics, ad-hoc analysis, financial model support, and budget/forecast support.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage headcount and 3rd party expense planning and analysis for assigned department(s)
- Prepare monthly actual versus budget information packs for assigned department(s)
- Create full-year forecasting models for assigned department(s)
- Compile forecast and budget inputs from across departments into one consolidated output
- Ensure various monthly reporting requirements are completed and on-time from the other Finance Business Partners
- First-level review of work from Finance Business Partners to audit for errors or inaccuracies
- First-level review of executive commentary on monthly “actuals” reporting
- Reporting of financial metrics from Essbase and other various dashboards
- Ownership of monthly review and presentations in conjunction with department leaders
- Reporting on business case statuses, staffing levels, budget/forecast transfers, M&A activity, resource allocations, accruals/adjusting journals and other key KPIs for assigned department(s)
- Mentor and support Financial Analysts on the team to answer basic questions that may arise
- Actively recommend solutions to key issues/problems that may arise in assigned department(s)
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis, as requested, for assigned department(s)
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, or another related field.
- 5+ year of experience working in finance / financial planning and analysis (FP&A) is preferred
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and command of the intricacies associated with strategy for each of assigned department(s)
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple work responsibilities simultaneously
- Confident and effective communication skills – both electronically, verbally, and over video
- Advanced data and financial analysis, attention to detail, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work under pressure with (sometimes) limited supervision to meet deadlines
- Great team member who is willing to work in a collaborative and innovative way to continually improve the team’s processes and performance
- Experience partnering with executive leadership and department leaders, collaborating & providing key financial insights.
- Prior experience supporting IT, Development, and/or Dev Ops in a financial business partnership or Fin Ops role preferred
This is Fortra, the new face of HelpSystems, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.