Sr. Project Manager
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
The Senior Project Manager is a consultative position that interacts directly with Fortra's customers to lead them and a team of Fortra Consultants through the entire deployment lifecycle. In this senior-level role, you will carry out complex, high-level implementations so that customers can benefit from Fortra's services and products and will be responsible for the success of the projects you manage. A strong understanding of Fortra's products and services, as well as network infrastructure is required to ensure that the Senior Project Manager can understand customers business objectives, translate those objectives into project activities, manage customer needs in a responsive manner and diligently lead project teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be accountable for the management and successful timely delivery of multiple high profile, high risk and complex deployments simultaneously
- Work with the sales team to understand the customer’s desired outcome and develop detailed Statements of Work to achieve them
- Work with customers to define project goals and build detailed project plans, using your experience to identify and mitigate project risk early on
- Lead the project team, including Fortra technical resources and external customer resources through the full deployment lifecycle, using your influencing skills to motivate and drive to completion
- Track, monitor and report on the status of your projects, maintaining excellent multiple stakeholder engagements at C-level
- Establish a strong relationship and a good standing with the customer to start them on their journey with Fortra, ensuring they arrive at the desired security outcomes.
- Acquire an ongoing and deep knowledge of the Fortra products and services and use them to prepare, orientate and train the customer to consume the service
- Deploy new customers into live service meeting the requirements of the operational services, the business and the customer
- Contribute to continuous service improvement by identifying and promoting innovative ways to improve the transition experience for the customer and increase the value and efficiency
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain a utilization target of 85% or greater
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or Similar Work Experience
- Formal Project Management qualification such as PMP / Prince 2 / APM / ITIL Transition
- 5-10 years of experience leading multi-phased projects, ideally transitioning customers to service in a matrix environment
- 2-5 years of experience specifically in transitioning new customers to a managed service
- Proven experience of key project management skills on high profile, complex, dynamic, fast-paced projects
- Excellent communication skills and experience of C-level customer stakeholder management
- Ability to quickly establish trust and form strong customer relationships
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and an analytical mind used to evaluate requirements and modify existing solutions on the fly
- Strong risk management skills to proactively manage project risk and urgency and make timely decisions
- Ability to motivate and influence project teams with no formal authority to delivery on dependencies to ensure project outcomes
- Working knowledge of web applications, information security compliance, network security architecture, cloud environment architecture
- Ability to translate and simplify technical solutions and issues to a non-familiar audience
- Driven by challenge and able and willing to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to set own task lists and timelines and reprioritize as required
- Some travel may be required (<5%)
This is Fortra, the new face of HelpSystems, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.