Data Scientist II
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
This position is responsible for enhancing and maintaining existing machine learning and data processing software products as well as developing new products. The ideal candidate has a strong desire for excellence, has started taking more initiative, works with less supervision, confidence in their expertise, team player and is a creative problem solver.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, train, monitor, and maintain machine learning models and their performance inside of commercial software.
- Serve as the domain expert for assigned ML models and data systems.
- Write technical specifications of small-scale components based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Has solid working knowledge for assigned HelpSystems product(s).
- Follows and helps enforce development best practices and standards.
- Help identify, prioritize, and execute tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Work without supervision on moderately complex projects.
- Latitude for independent judgement in areas of expertise.
- Maintains relevant skills and abilities through self-lead training.
- Assist or mentor other less experienced team members.
- Actively participate in all Agile ceremonies
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven knowledge of Data Science techniques and methodologies and demonstrated ability to implement those methodologies in active projects.
- Proven experience and knowledge of the relevant programming language requirements for this role.
- Proven ability to implement, debug, and deploy machine learning models in industry.
- Good computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to convey complicated technical topics to non-technical people.
- Demonstrated to collaborate and work with a team are necessary.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience is required.
This is Fortra, the new face of HelpSystems, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.