Director of Sales - Cybersecurity | Japan
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
The Director of Sales is responsible for overseeing all sales for assigned solution and product sets. This includes managing all aspects of the sales origination: quota attainment, pipeline management, sales team member development and driving continual improvement of the overall sales process. This is a player-coach role, candidates must possess strong domain knowledge coupled with solution selling skills to optimize their own and the team’s performance. Additional responsibilities include providing input to ongoing pricing and product strategy and working with a broader cross-functional team to ensure the attainment of the businesses goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Team Quota Attainment
- Manage the sales staff while working together with the Partner Program to consistently achieve the overall sales quota
- Effectively manage overall pipeline
- Provide weekly forecasts
- Provide quarterly forecast
- Manage any performance issues that arise with team members
- Assist with strategic sales activities
Personal Quota Attainment
- Personally sell solutions into an assigned territory or customer base
- Meet monthly sales quota
- Effectively manage the sales process from lead generation through closing a sale
- Provide regular updates to your personal pipeline and sales activities
Departmental Leadership & Operations
- Build a strategy for the Japan region including partner, key account and go-to-market for target solutions.
- Motivate and organize an effective sales team, maximizing individual skills to meet goals.
- Identify resource requirements, and partner with HR to recruit team members.
- Generate weekly reports for business unit operations meetings.
- Work with the VP, Sales and General Manager(s) to create, update and review team forecast and metrics. Look for macro-opportunities to improve – time to close, win rate and team efficiency.
- Work with cross functional team members to raise the effectiveness of the sales team by improving our selling, business, communication, collaboration, and solutions skills.
- Represent Sales during quarterly Deep Dive presentation including updates on sales metrics, achievement to quota and overall sales performance.
- Conduct regular sales meetings.
- Help the team become more efficient by developing & implementing repeatable business processes (RFP, Discovery, Demonstrations, and Proof-of-Concepts, Audits), etc.
- Develop KPIs/metrics to track and manage team and individual performance
- Develop plans to retain and attract top talent
- Provide mentorship, sales process guidance, domain and solution expertise
- When needed participate in opportunity strategy and sales activities
- When needed, assist in the outbound launch of new products and releases acting as a subject matter expert and content creator
- Act as a subject matter expert for product strategy, marketing and product development
- Occasionally participate in audits, tradeshows, webinars, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience selling software/technology solutions
- 7+ years of experience with sales
- 3+ years’ experience managing employees/a sales team
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and negotiate with emphasis on closing the sale
This is Fortra, the new face of HelpSystems, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.