Senior Product Test Engineer
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
Responsible for testing our software products.
As a sole QA resource, lead the testing efforts on the Fortra Application Hub on the IBMi platform. Work with the development team, to ensure product works as designed.
Experience with multiple Operating Systems, Web technologies, Programming languages, Test Automation, IBMi platform, DB2 database
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Takes full responsibility for testing on assigned projects
- Estimate, design and implement testing for new major features/functionality
- Test analysis is thorough and efficient. Engages team in risk analysis and provides recommendations.
- Ensures the team understands test coverage and risks
- Reproduce complex issues within the assigned software
- Able to troubleshoot and isolate intermittent issues
- Create and execute functional and non-functional test cases
- Proficient use of project and test tracking and documentation tools. Able to produce effective queries and searches.
- Share knowledge of product with internal employees outside of development
- Mentor less-experienced testers and help set working goals
- Direct test activities of multiple testers on a single project
- Creation of best practices documents, how-to articles for Knowledge Zone
- Participate in interviewing new PTE candidates
- Participate in product design reviews to learn about new functionality, contribute testing estimates, challenge the design, and contribute the testing point of view
- Test automation regression maintenance & reporting
- Expert-level knowledge of all aspects of assigned HS product or product line
- Excellent I.T knowledge for multiple platforms and relevant I.T. subjects (Windows, IBM i, Linux, SQL, etc)
- Expert knowledge of a major scripting/programming language on the product’s platform
- Strong knowledge of more than one additional scripting/programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of test automation principles, tools, and patterns
This is Fortra, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.