Solutions Engineer - Data Protection
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
The Solutions Engineer, “Pre-sales Consultant”, or “Sales Engineer”, is a technical role that is part of the sales team. It is an exciting opportunity for experienced professionals with both strong technical, collaboration and presentation skills willing to participate in a key role in sales activities and business development. A solutions engineer is a product and market expert for one or several product lines of Fortra portfolio. You will work with leading companies worldwide providing guidance during the sales process by identifying customers technical and business requirements and demonstrating product capabilities prior to designing a solution proposal that is the best for the customer. As a Solutions Engineer for our Data Protection solutions, you’ll be managing pre-sales activities for different solutions from the portfolio, your focus will be Data Classification (Titus) and Data Loss Prevention (Digital Guardian).
You will also participate in marketing activities such as webinars, tradeshows and content generation. A senior solutions engineer is an experienced Solutions Engineer, with both extensive market and product knowledge and soft skills, that is proactive managing any functional and technical need during the sales process.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be a team with sales representatives, work together on any activities with prospective customers, and be a referent for the sales teams.
- Conduct “pain discovery” processes to understand the customer needs and articulate a solution that best addresses that need.
- Develop, present and deliver high-impact demonstrations
- Be the owner on customer’s evaluation process of the offered products and solutions, by executing trials and proof of concepts.
- Detect technical and functional objections from the prospective customer during the sales process, be creative finding solutions, and work together with the appropriate team for remediation.
- Build and defend proposals to customers, articulating the benefits of our company as the best solution that addresses that need to all levels, including “C” level executives.
- Estimate professional services effort and build a project plan, when needed, to guarantee a successful deployment on customer.
- Understand the competition and be, with your participation, a differentiator during the sales process.
- Know the company portfolio to generate and detect cross-selling opportunities.
- Work together in partners activities like visits, demos, proposals, events, and others.
- Help on partner recruiting process, participate in calls with potential partners.
- Participate in partner enablement activities like tech training and functional enablement.
- Deliver technical presentations and responds to technical questions during sales calls.
- Represent the Company at Trade Shows, User Group events, Conferences, and Virtual events.
- Provide presentations at events where applicable.
- Participate in online webinars on specific topics.
- Assist in the outbound launch of new products and releases activities.
- Serve as the market expert on products, from how customers use them, to how the competition positions against them, to how the field sells and services them.
- Participate in key deals.
- Be able to position most of Fortra's portfolio, understand and position the products within companies’ ecosystem and technically master the product(s) you work with
- Degree in a technical field, ideally Computer Science or IT is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in IT, technical presales, technical consultancy, development, or technical support activities.
- 4+ years of experience in customer facing activities.
- Excellent oral presentation skills, public relations skills, and the ability to educate and train in a technical environment.
- Professional certifications such as the Security+, GCIA and/or CISSP would be nice to have.
Technical background needed on related technologies.
- Hands-on Strong Technical knowledge
- Information Security concepts related to governance, risk & compliance focusing on Data Classification and Data Loss Protection.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Technology support and event handling
- Experience with cyber security processes, tools, and technologies and knowledge of best practices regarding their implementation.
- Working knowledge of CASB, SSE and SASE preferred.
This is Fortra, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.