IT Engineer I
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
The IT Engineer I role is a foundational role, ideal for those with prior experience in an IT Service Desk setting. You will be responsible for receiving, prioritizing, thoroughly documenting, and escalating end-user requests promptly. Your focus will be on providing active and effective resolution to meet user needs.
Problem resolution will often require the use of diagnostic and helpdesk request tracking tools. You will collaborate with both local and remote users, extending support for desktops, end-user computing technologies, and assisting in basic infrastructure support. This role is pivotal in ensuring swift and satisfactory solutions to end-user IT concerns.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide first-line support for all IT-related issues, incidents, and service requests.
- Log, track, triage, and escalate issues as necessary to ensure timely resolution.
- Maintain knowledge base articles and documentation for common issues.
- Continuously improve team processes and procedures.
- Manage and support end-user devices and office equipment.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot IT-managed applications.
- Monitor and manage software licenses and ensure compliance.
- Provision and configure end-user accounts and access rights.
- Workstation provisioning, inventory, and lifecycle management.
- Set up and deploy new hardware and software for new hires.
- Conduct user training and orientation on IT systems and tools.
- Execute IT offboarding process for employee terminations.
- Collaborate with IT, Security, DevOps and CloudOps teams, to resolve complex issues and implement solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in an enterprise IT organization, in a technical support role.
- Strong proficiency in operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux), office productivity suites, and common software applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 admin, Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, MFA and Azure.
- Understanding of networking principles, protocols, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Familiarity with remote support tools and techniques. (TeamViewer)
- Professional certifications such as CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals or similar, are desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to collaborate with technical and non-technical people at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent customer service skills.
This is Fortra, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.