Associate Data Protection Analyst
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
The Associate Data Protection Analyst will act as the front line of defense, monitoring and analyzing endpoint data within our proprietary Analytics & Reporting Cloud (ARC) platform. This role is integral to our commitment to safeguarding client data and ensuring the uninterrupted functionality of our services. If you have a passion for cybersecurity, are eager to learn, and thrive in fast-paced environments, we want to hear from you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Continuously monitor and analyze endpoint data from our Analytics & Reporting Cloud (ARC) platform for signs of security incidents or anomalies.
- Recognize and investigate potential security incidents. Document findings, processes, and outcomes in line with standard operating procedures.
- Verify, prioritize, and respond to security alerts in a timely manner, ensuring the mitigation of exfiltration threats and minimizing false positives.
- Work closely with fellow team members and escalate potential security incidents to senior analysts or management as needed.
- Stay updated with the latest cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities that pertain to endpoint devices.
- Recommend changes or updates to detection mechanisms based on new information.
- Provide feedback to improve detection capabilities, streamline processes, and enhance the overall efficacy of the SOC.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields. (Or equivalent work experience)
- Familiarity with basic cybersecurity concepts, including malware, phishing, and common attack vectors.
- Proficiency in using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools. Familiarity with endpoint protection platforms and related technologies.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and succinctly to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving ability with an analytical mindset to assess and process vast amounts of data and alerts.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
- While not mandatory, certifications like CompTIA Security+, CySA+, or similar entry-level security certifications are a plus.
This is Fortra, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.