Director, Sales Enablement
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
The Director of Sales Enablement at Fortra will be responsible for increasing the productivity of all Sales and Business Development teams. Within this role, you will lead the implementation of sales training methodology, structure quarterly training programs, implement individual development plans, facilitate sales leadership development, and implement standardized onboarding processes for all sales roles.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Sales Methodology and Program Ownership
• Collaborate with cross-departmental functional owners, including sales, marketing, and sales operations to build and run Success Plan that accelerates the sales program and methodology
• Review the Success Plan with executive leadership and sales management throughout the design and integrate stage to finalize and operationalize the approach for post-training implementation
• Work with sales management and sales operations to collect baseline metrics to be used in the Engagement Success Scorecard and track improvement in the sales organization following training
Sales Enablement and Training
• Collaborate with sales leadership, sales management, and sales operations to evaluate training needs across various teams and functions within the sales organization
• Develop, establish and implement continuous training strategies and best practices to maximize the effectiveness of the sales organization
• Develop and facilitate Sales training content, course materials, and guides that enhance the engagement and execution of a high-performing sales organization, including prospecting skills, discovery process, deal progression, deal management, closing and forecasting
• Deliver formal training courses through various instructional techniques or formats, such as role-playing, team exercises, group discussions, video, or presentations
• Develop and facilitate curriculum and information presentations to sales leaders on coaching techniques aimed to improve sales staff performance
• Create and maintain supplementary documentation on sales processes, policies, best practices, and training for various Sales functions (RSM, AE’s, SEs, Partner Managers, BDRs)
• Identify developmental needs of all sales roles and provide effective coaching and feedback to improve key performance indicators
• Partner with sales and marketing leaders to continually refine lead qualification strategy and training content based on ideal customer profiles, use cases, and multi-brand campaigns
• Collaborate with Sales Managers and Leaders on a Sales onboarding strategy for new hires, promoted employees, and acquired sales team members, including sales process, methodologies, and best practices
• Effectively leverage prescribed training platforms and tools to deliver sales training programs, evaluation, retention, and continuous improvement. (Gong, Fortra University, LinkedIn Learning, etc.)
• Track completion of sales training and certification and ensure internal and external stakeholders achieve completion deadlines
• Measure training effectiveness through defined Sales KPIs and leadership feedback and modify training content as needed (i.e. lead conversion rates, ASP, average selling time, pipeline generation goals, quota attainment etc.)
• Create and launch surveys to assess training effectiveness, leverage relevant feedback, and implement steps for improvement
• Stay informed of new training methods, techniques and best practices
• Manage employee performance in regular one-to-one meetings, quarterly check-ins and goal setting
• Develop employees through continued professional growth opportunities
• Foster teamwork and employee engagement and recognize achievements to promote a positive work environment
• Manage team hiring needs in partnership with senior management and HR
• Mentor and coach the Sales Enablement team on best practices, and provide training to address knowledge gaps
• Monitor adherence to policies and procedures and enforce accountability
• Other duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
• 7+ years’ experience in sales enablement, learning and development, or related field, preferably in a software/technology company.
• Excellent presentation skills with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
• Strong knowledge of adult learning principles and training methodologies for effective teaching and instruction across various backgrounds, cultures, and geographies.
• Preferred: Experience accommodating neurodiverse individuals and adapting to different learning styles.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with training assessment tools and evaluation for effective learning outcomes is preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent project management, planning and organization skills
• Experience with Salesforce or other CRM platforms.
• Strong leadership skills and experience managing a team.
This is Fortra, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.