Manager, GL Accounting
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
The Manager, GL Accounting leads a staff of three Accountants and is primarily responsible for maintaining an accurate and timely financial close. Specific areas of responsibility can include general accounting for both domestic and international entities, general ledger transition of newly acquired entities, and other general accounting functions. This position works closely with the Assistant Controller and other finance functions to meet department and company goals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of the monthly consolidated financial statements for the company, in accordance with U.S. GAAP and company policy
- Conduct intercompany reconciliation process related to various entities within Fortra
- Review and approve general ledger journal entries (primarily North America)
- Consolidating monthly entries entered into legacy accounting systems into the singular Fortra accounting system (Great Plains)
- Preparing monthly journal entries for software capitalization
- Provide a key leadership role to employees and encourage an attitude of continuous improvement in their day-to-day activities
- Work with non-United States resources to produce and review subsidiary financial statements that comply with U.S. GAAP and/or local statutory requirements as applicable
- Represent the accounting function in acquisition related activities including accounting due diligence and subsequent integration
- Ensure account reconciliations are completed in a timely manner and reviews them for accuracy and completeness.
- Provides support during the external auditor’s annual audit
- Helps maintain the company’s accounting system and manage assigned processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- CPA certification and/or public accounting experience is preferred
- 5+ years of accounting experience with 2 years experience in a leadership position
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and can interpret and implement new accounting guidance in an increasingly complex business environment.
- Must have strong technical expertise in compiling financial statements for an international company and have experience in consolidating multiple foreign and US entities.
- Ability to lead the accounting team in an efficient and effective manner.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and can work effectively with people outside of the accounting function
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains and Office, Essbase, and large ERP systems preferred
- Experience in documenting and improving existing systems and processes is preferred
This is Fortra, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.