Software Engineer (Java)
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a Software Engineer (Java) to join our growing development team in Athens, Greece, to design and implement new components as well as ongoing feature enhancements. This is an agile development position with open collaboration and communication.
Our new Full-Stack Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of various GT-SUITE modules, and sophisticated Java applications. In addition, this developer will interface with custom solutions for distributed computing, 3D graphical processing tools, high-performance data storage, and various back-end APIs. Our programming language of choice is core Java, supplemented by Python and C++.
We are not just looking for programmers. We are looking for software engineers who are comfortable designing their own components. We do not tell our developers how to design. Instead, they have the freedom to create within scope. Want to forge your own destiny while working on fulfilling projects? Maybe you would feel at home working with us.
- Under minimal guidance, collaborate with application support engineers on software requirements and application design
- Thoroughly test your code and take full responsibility for its quality
- Share your knowledge through mentoring, reviewing code, and taking part in design discussions
- Follow the company software development processes
- Study and propose modern solutions to remain technically current
Education, Experience, and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Ptychio/Diploma/M.S. degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of professional full-stack application development experience utilizing core Java and object-oriented design principles
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Professional experience with any desktop toolkit (Java Swing, Java FX, SWT, Qt)
- Experience with JUnit and mocking frameworks
- The capability of writing RESTful APIs, including Spring Boot applications
- Familiarities with cloud-centric environments, like AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of Java build/deployment systems: Gradle, Maven, or Jenkins
- Competency with a Java IDE (we provide IntelliJ Ultimate Edition)
- A dynamic and highly talented team of experts
- The opportunity to bring in your own ideas, implement them and make them accessible to a large customer base
- The opportunity to build a professional network in various branches of the industry
- An attractive salary and additional company benefits
Other Requirements and Notes:
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
GT’s flagship product, GT-SUITE, an engineering simulation software is used by over 600 companies including all global automotive manufacturing companies GT-SUITE includes a complete library of physics-based modeling templates covering fluid flow, thermal systems, mechanics, electrics, magnetics, chemistry, and controls. It supports the entire product development cycle from concept to validation. GT-SUITE applications include a wide variety of engineering systems such as conventional, electrified and fully electric vehicles and their powertrains, engines and catalysts, batteries, motors and power electronics, pumps and compressors, thermal management and HVAC, hydraulics and lubrication, multi-body mechanics and much more.
GT-SUITE software comes with exciting and easy-to-learn User Interfaces, ranging from 3D pre-processing to real-time monitoring. The entire software platform uses state-of-the-art backend technologies that leverage the growing popularity of high-performance centers and the cloud.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry-level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.