Product Engineer - User Experience (m/f/d)
Product Engineer – User Experience (m/f/d)
For our European Office in Stuttgart, Gamma Technologies GmbH (GT) is looking for a: Product Engineer – User Experience (m/f/d)
Gamma Technologies develops, markets, and sells engineering simulation software called GT-SUITE. With roots in Automotive, nearly all the world’s leading automotive manufacturers that leverage GT software. Our solutions help automotive companies build more fuel-efficient vehicles that get better gas mileage while reducing emissions without sacrificing vehicle performance. The move from traditional internal combustion engines (ICE) powered by gasoline or diesel fuel to electrified vehicles presents an enormous market opportunity for GT as our software allows Electrical Vehicle manufactures and their suppliers, to design better vehicles with our software. Regulatory agencies globally have mandated that vehicle manufacturers reduce harmful environmental emission output, or they will face significant financial penalties and GT helps our clients meet these mandates.
As a Product Engineer in the User Experience team, you will help our customers get the most out of our software with GT-SUITE’s sophisticated user interface that enables our customers to build, run and analyze output produced by our physics engine.
Building models often occurs within collaborative environments at our clients, and we deliver the capabilities to efficiently re-use data, share subsystems of larger models with other groups and deploy front-end interfaces (including web-based) for users with different levels of experience. Running models involves model validation and real-time run-time monitoring, requiring extensive user experience design.
Post processing involves setting up customized reports and utilizing data analytics techniques ranging from data smoothing and trendline generation to using sophisticated machine learning techniques to answer engineering questions. Visualization is also a key capability that allows our customers to generate plots, tables and diagrams that allow effective digestion of physical trends to make engineering decisions.
As we begin a journey to transform GT’s desktop applications into web applications, it is expected that this role will similarly evolve.
- Engage with customers to identify and prioritize UI / UX development opportunities to deliver best-in-class software
- Act as product owner for your assigned areas of our user interface
- Generate feature proposals to satisfy design requirements
- Manage concurrent development projects to deliver timely feature updates to GT-SUITE
- Participate in sprint planning, standups, etc. representing your component(s) of the software
- Work with customers after delivery of features to support a high-quality user experience
Education, Experience and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- BS or BA in Engineering, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction disciplines, or other similar technical degrees
- 2+ years of experience with product management/ownership, or experience as a user of CAE software is preferred
- Self-starter and fast learner with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Very good English language skills written and spoken
- Helpful and kind attitude with a customer focus
- Self-organizing working mindset
- Willingness to occasionally travel in Europe and internationally
- Experience with CAE tools, such as GT-SUITE, Amesim, Dymola
- Interest in engineering challenges and related development processes
- Knowledge of Python, Matlab or similar
- Good German language skills written and spoken
- Dynamic and highly talented team of experts
- The opportunity to bring in your own ideas, implement them and make them accessible to a large customer base
- The opportunity to build a professional network in various branches of industry
- An attractive salary and additional company benefits
Other Requirements and Notes:
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.