Software Engineer (Java)
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) in Prague, Czech Republic, is looking for a to join our growing development team to design and implement new components along with on-going feature enhancements. This is an agile development position with open collaboration and communication.
Our new Software Engineer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of various GT-SUITE modules, sophisticated Java applications. In addition, this developer will interface with custom solutions for distributed computing, 3D graphical processing tools, high-performance data storage and various back-end APIs. Our programming language of choice is core Java, supplemented by Python and C++.
We are not just looking for programmers. We are looking for software engineers who are comfortable designing their own components. We do not tell our developers how to design. Instead, they have the freedom to create within scope. Want to forge your own destiny while working on fulfilling projects? Maybe you would feel at home working with us.
- Under minimal guidance, collaborate with application support engineers on software requirements and application design
- Thoroughly test your code and take full responsibility for its quality
- Share your knowledge through mentoring, reviewing code, and taking part in design discussions
- Follow the company software development processes
- Study and propose modern solutions to remain technically current
- University Degree (Bachelor’s) in Computer Science or Engineering
- Three or more years of professional full-stack application development experience utilizing core Java and object-oriented design principles
- Excellent communication skills; be able to clearly explain technical concepts to a diverse audience
- Professional experience with any desktop toolkit (Java Swing, Java FX, SWT, Qt)
- Experience with JUnit and mocking frameworks
- Capability of writing RESTful APIs, including Spring Boot applications
- Familiarity with cloud-centric environments, like AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of Java build / deployment systems: Gradle, Maven, or Jenkins
- Competency with a Java IDE (we provide IntelliJ Ultimate Edition)
- Dynamic and highly talented team of experts
- The opportunity to bring in your own ideas, implement them and make them accessible to a large customer base
- The opportunity to build a professional network in various branches of industry
- An attractive salary and additional company benefits
Other Requirements and Notes:
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
- GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
- At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.