Full-Stack (Web) Sr. Software Engineer
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a Web Full-Stack Senior Software Engineer to join our growing development team in Athens, Greece, to design and implement new components as well as ongoing feature enhancements. This is an agile development position with open collaboration and communication.
Our new Web Full-Stack Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of our current web products (GT-Play, GT-PowerForge) and helping us move our other products to the web. In addition, this developer will interface with custom solutions for distributed computing and various back-end APIs. Our current web tech stack is Java/Spring for the backend and TypeScript/Angular for the frontend.
We are not just looking for programmers. We are looking for software engineers who are comfortable designing their own components. We do not tell our developers how to design. Instead, they have the freedom to create within scope. Want to forge your own destiny while working on fulfilling projects? Maybe you would feel at home working with us.
- Under minimal technical guidance, collaborate with application support engineers on software requirements and application design, and with cross-functional teams to develop and maintain our web-based applications.
- Develop scalable and maintainable software solutions for our platform.
- Write efficient and high-quality code that adheres to coding standards and best practices.
- Share your knowledge through mentoring, reviewing code, and taking part in design discussions.
- Follow the company’s software development processes.
- Study and propose modern solutions to remain up to date with technical best practices.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Ptychio/Diploma/M.S. degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong experience with both client-side and server-side development.
- Experience with RESTful API design and development.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and version control tools.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Solid understanding of TypeScript and experience with Angular.
- Strong experience with server-side development using Spring Boot.
- Familiar with cloud-centric environments, like AWS or Azure.
- Familiar with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Java build/deployment systems: Gradle, Maven, or Jenkins.
- Experience with database technologies such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Comfortable with a Java IDE (we provide IntelliJ Ultimate Edition).
- A dynamic and highly talented team of experts.
- The opportunity to bring in your own ideas, implement them and make them accessible to a large customer base.
- The opportunity to build a professional network in various branches of the industry.
- An attractive salary and additional company benefits.
Other Requirements and Notes:
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
- GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
- At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry-level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.