Build Release Engineer
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us.
The primary work location will be our Westmont, IL office. We’ve adopted a hybrid work policy asking employees to report to the office 2-3 days per workweek
We are looking for a creative, talented, and highly motivated Build Release Engineer who will work closely with engineers, developers, and testers to enable high-quality software development. You will be part of a growing team to drive the development, administration, and maintenance of build/release processes supporting Continuous Integration (CI)/Test Driven Development (TDD) initiatives allowing for rapid development, validation, debugging, and integration with the downstream production release pipeline. The ideal candidate will possess in-depth programming, building, and debugging skills. Current programmers who are looking to diversify are encouraged to apply.
The end goal is to take part in the ownership of our build systems and bring them to the next level, improving upon transparency, accountability and automated notifications, ease of use, configurability, and reliability. Before improving the systems, you will master our existing build systems, while working closely with our various teams to quickly understand our CAE tools, testing procedures, model structure, and simulation data flow. We are committed to the installed base of GT-SUITE on engineering workstations, and we are expanding our web/cloud components.
- Extend and maintain existing Continuous Integration (CI/CD) systems.
- Monitor/research and address production incidents.
- Collaborate with developers/engineers to resolve defects detected by automated build and/or testing systems.
- Troubleshoot source code management, dependency management, and deployment issues.
- Create and own a coherent build configuration across multiple products utilizing several programming languages.
- Maintain the company-wide library of dependent artifacts, and assure OSS compliance.
- Extend and maintain tools to further automate build, testing, deployment, and configuration management processes.
- Support developers with usage and training on software build and configuration tools.
Education, Experience, and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant Engineering
- Desired GPA of 3.2 out of 4.0
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Hands-on experience in application troubleshooting and debugging.
- Professional experience developing production code in languages such as Java, C, C++, or Rust
- Exposure to automation, quality testing, and building systems.
- Self-starter and fast learner with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Scripting experience in Linux shells and Python.
- Strong knowledge of build processes such as Java (javac, Maven, Gradle) or C/C++ (gcc, Visual Studio, make, CMake), and relevant dependency management.
Salary and Benefits
- GT offers competitive pay, vacation, sick and personal days, and a work environment that allows you to grow and prosper
- We offer best-in-class health benefits for you and your dependents
- We offer a 401k and Roth 401k retirement plans
- We provide an onsite fitness center
- As an organization, we value collaborating and learning from our peers in person, while providing the necessary flexibility for our employees to have a meaningful work-life balance
Other Requirements and Notes:
- All U.S.-based GT employees are required to be fully vaccinated, subject to legally required accommodations.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer; no third parties, please.
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry-level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.