Research and Development Engineer - Chemical Systems Modeling
Research and Development Engineer – Chemical Systems Modeling
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a R&D engineer to join our Reactive Flow Systems modeling group which actively develops mathematical models and simulation tools for a variety of chemical systems such as exhaust gas after-treatment reactors, fuel cells (PEMFC, SOFC), electrolyzers (PEMEC, SOEC, AEC), batteries, and chemical process plant components. These models are integrated into GT-SUITE software which is used by hundreds of companies worldwide.
- Formulate governing equations for complex systems (reactors, electrochemical devices) involving flow, heat transfer, diffusion, and reactions (heterogeneous and electrochemistry)
- Develop, enhance, test, and maintain analytical and numerical solution algorithms for solving systems of partial differential algebraic equations (pDAEs)
- Develop reaction kinetics mechanisms
- Stay up to date with the latest literature and contribute to the publication of journal papers
Education, Experience, and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or in a related field is required;
- Desired GPA 3.5 out of 4.
- Knowledge or experience with basic numerical methods
- Proficiency in Fortran, C/C++, or MATLAB
- Experience in the development of reactor and kinetics models is a plus
- Knowledge or experience with advanced numerical methods is a plus
- Knowledge of solution thermodynamics is a plus
- Experience with any non-linear ODE solvers (e.g. ODEPACK, VODE, SUNDIALS) is a plus
Salary and Benefits
- GT offers competitive pay, vacation, sick and personal days, and a work environment that allows you to grow and prosper.
- We offer best-in-class health benefits for you and your dependents.
- We offer 401k and Roth 401k retirement plans.
- We provide an onsite fitness center.
- The primary work location will be our Westmont, IL office. We’ve adopted a hybrid work policy asking employees to report to the office 2-3 days per work week.
- As an organization, we value collaborating and learning from our peers in person, while providing the necessary flexibility for our employees to have a meaningful work-life balance.
Other Requirements and Notes:
- All U.S.-based GT employees are required to be fully vaccinated, subject to legally required accommodations.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer; no third parties, please.
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels of the company, from entry-level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.