Senior Software Engineer: 3D Modeling
For our office in Athens, Greece, Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us.
We are looking for a creative, talented, and highly motivated software developer to join our 3D software development team. The task is to create innovative graphical solutions for engineers and to transform 3D CAD objects into mathematical engineering models of fluid flow, electrical and mechanical components.
- Develop and support complex desktop 3D graphics applications
- Under minimal guidance, collaborate with application engineers on software requirements and application design
- Design, implement, and test new software components, producing efficient, robust, and maintainable code
- Share your knowledge through mentoring, code reviews, and taking part in design discussions
- Collaborate with application engineers on new requirements and application design
- Follow the company software development processes
- Study new technologies to remain technically current
Education, Experience, and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Ptychio/Diploma/M.S. degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with desired grade 8.0/10.0
- 3+ years of professional experience in related fields
- Good knowledge of 3D math and 3D computational geometry
- Experience with 3D graphics libraries, either Open GL or DirectX
- Basic knowledge of 3D geometry modeling libraries (ACIS or Parasolid)
- Basic knowledge of FE meshing libraries
- Programming experience with C++
- An understanding of engineering analysis, with an emphasis on preprocessing
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and analytical skill
- Ability to work independently, as well as work collaboratively with colleagues
- A dynamic, and highly talented team.
- The option to develop and pursue own ideas and initiatives.
- An environment that allows you to grow and prosper.
- Competitive compensation and company benefits.
- The primary work location will be our Glyfada, Athen’s office.
- As an organization, we value collaborating and learning from our peers in person, while providing the necessary flexibility for our employees to have a meaningful work-life balance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry-level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.