Battery Electrochemistry Development Engineer
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us.
We are looking for a creative, talented, and self-starting development engineer to join our Product Development Group to continuously improve our software. Gamma Technologies develops GT-SUITE and GT-AutoLion, sophisticated desktop software packages for simulating almost any kind of engineering multi-physics system, such as those arising in the automotive, aerospace, and other industries, involving fluid, thermal, mechanical, electromagnetics, chemical and controls elements. It also utilizes a sophisticated set of user interfaces including map-based and 3D-based pre- and post-processors.
Specifically, you would join our Electrification product development team whose focus is on electrified powertrains and their energy storage devices.
- Develop, enhance, test and maintain models for electrochemical battery simulation of performance, degradation, thermal security, and safety
- Collaborate with other developers and application engineers on functional and I/O requirements and design of models. Adaptation of models to user requirements
- Implement advanced solvers and computational methods to reduce simulation time and increase scalability
Education, Experience and Skills
- MS or PhD in mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering or materials science
- 2 years of computational model development experience, in industry or R&D setting, with a focus on battery electrochemistry, such as Newman P2D model
- Experience with literature review of emerging battery technologies and materials
- Proficiency in Fortran or C/C++
Salary and Benefits
- GT offers competitive pay, vacation, sick and personal days, and a work environment that allows you to grow and prosper.
- We offer best in class health benefits for you and your dependents.
- We offer a 401k and Roth 401k retirement plans.
- We provide a hybrid work schedule, with employees reporting to the office two days per week. Our Westmont, IL will be the primary work location.
Other Requirements and Notes:
- All U.S. based GT employees are required to be fully vaccinated, subject to legally required accommodations.
- ALL candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer; no third parties please.
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
GT’s flagship product, GT-SUITE, an engineering simulation software is used by over 600 companies including all global automotive manufacturing companies GT-SUITE includes a complete library of physics-based modeling templates covering fluid flow, thermal systems, mechanics, electrics, magnetics, chemistry and controls. It supports the entire product development cycle from concept to validation. GT-SUITE applications include a wide variety of engineering systems such as conventional, electrified and fully electric vehicles and their powertrains, engines and catalysts, batteries, motors and power electronics, pumps and compressors, thermal management and HVAC, hydraulics and lubrication, multi-body mechanics and much more.
GT-SUITE software comes with exciting and easy to learn User Interfaces, ranging from 3D pre-processing to real-time monitoring. The entire software platform uses state-of-the-art backend technologies that leverage the growing popularity of high-performance centers and the cloud.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.