Senior Engineer - Flow/Thermal Solver Developer
Senior Engineer – Flow/Thermal Solver Developer
For our office in Prague, Czech Republic, Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is seeking a Senior Engineer – Flow/Thermal Solver Developer with a strong work ethic, sound judgment, and a willingness to develop a long-term career with us.
Engineering simulation software called GT-SUITE is created, marketed, and sold by Gamma Technologies. All major automakers successfully use GT software for many years, and most of cars / vehicles around us include parts designed by GT. Our products support the development of environmentally friendly, cost-effective products by our clients in the automotive, aerospace, and marine sectors.
We are looking for a creative, talented and highly motivated software developer to join our flow/thermal solver development group. The applicant will be involved in the development of GT-SUITE, a sophisticated desktop software package for simulating almost any kind of engineering multi-physics system, such as those arising in the automotive, aerospace and other industries, involving fluid, thermal, mechanical, acoustics, electromagnetics, chemistry and controls elements.
- Develop and test advanced mathematical models and computational schemes for flow and thermal systems typically involving one or more of the following:
- compressible and incompressible flows
- reactive flows
- heat transfer
- phase change (evaporation and condensation)
- thermophysical properties of gases and liquids
- air conditioning and heating systems including conditions inside the cabin and two-phase refrigeration loop
- Work with the development team toward general improvement of the software
- Update existing solvers to incorporate new technologies
Education, Experience and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- University Degree (Master’s degree or high in Chemical, Applied Math, Theoretical & Applied Mechanics, Engineering Physics, etc.)
- Prior minimum 2+ years of professional and/or graduate-level experience with solver development for flow or thermal analysis solvers
- Programming experience (Fortran/C/C++)
- Numerical methods
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Finite volume and finite element methods
- Software parallelization techniques (OpenMP, Open MPI, GPGPU, etc.)
- Optimization algorithms
- Knowledge in Python is desired
- Dynamic and highly talented team of experts
- The opportunity to bring in your own ideas, implement them and make them accessible to a large customer base
- The opportunity to build a professional network in various branches of industry
- An attractive salary and additional company benefits
Other Requirements and Notes:
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.