Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing development team in Westmont, IL, to design and implement new components as well as ongoing feature enhancements. This is an agile development position with open collaboration and communication.
Our new Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of various GT-SUITE modules, and sophisticated Java applications. In addition, this developer will interface with custom solutions for distributed computing, 3D graphical processing tools, high-performance data storage, and various back-end APIs. Our programming language of choice is core Java, supplemented by Python and C++.
Our goal is not just to find programmers. We are looking for software engineers who are comfortable designing their own components. We do not tell our developers how to design. Instead, they have the freedom to create within scope. Want to forge your own destiny while working on fulfilling projects? Maybe you would feel at home working with us.
- Under minimal technical guidance, collaborate with application support engineers on software requirements and application design
- Develop scalable and maintainable software solutions for our platform
- Write efficient and high-quality code that adheres to coding standards and best practices
- Share your knowledge through mentoring, reviewing code, and taking part in design discussions
- Follow the company’s software development processes
- Study and propose modern solutions to remain up to date with technical best practices
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of professional application development experience utilizing Java and object-oriented design principles
- Strong experience with both client-side and server-side development
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and version control tools
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Excellent communication skills: be able to clearly explain technical concepts to a diverse audience
- Professional experience with any desktop toolkit (Java Swing, Java FX, SWT, Qt)
- Professional experience with Python and/or C++
- Experience with JUnit and mocking frameworks
- Experience with RESTful API design and development
- Knowledge of Java build/deployment systems: Gradle, Maven, or Jenkins
- Solid understanding of TypeScript and experience with Angular
- Experience with server-side development using Spring Boot
- Familiar with cloud-centric environments, like AWS or Azure
- Familiar with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with database technologies such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB
Salary and Benefits
- GT offers competitive pay, vacation, sick and personal days, and a work environment that allows you to grow and prosper.
- We offer best-in-class health benefits for you and your dependents.
- We offer a 401k and Roth 401k retirement plans.
- We provide an onsite fitness center.
- The primary work location will be our Westmont, IL office. We’ve adopted a hybrid remote work policy asking employees to report to the office 3 days per work week.
- As an organization, we value collaborating and learning from our peers in person, while providing the necessary flexibility for our employees to have a meaningful work-life balance.
Other Requirements and Notes:
- All U.S. based GT employees are required to be fully vaccinated, subject to legally required accommodations.
- ALL candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer; no third parties please.
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.