Power Electronics Application Engineer
Power Electronics Application Engineer
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a Power Electronics Application Engineer with a solid work ethic, passion for learning, and a desire to build a long-term career with us.
Would you like to work closely with advanced engineers from many of the leading companies in automotive and other industries, who use our software to accelerate their product development and reduce their environmental impact? We are looking for a creative, talented and self-starting application engineer to join our Application Engineering and Support Group to help our customers get the most out of our software and to leverage the knowledge learned from these interactions to continuously improve our software.
Specifically, we are looking to add someone to our electrical application engineering team. This team supports customers and designs software with applications in battery, motor, and power electronic systems. For power electronic applications, Gamma Technologies offers GT-SUITE for detailed design and analysis of power converters and GT-PowerForge for pre-design of power converters.
- Assist customers that use our software to design and analyze their systems, including many leading electric vehicle companies.
- Carry out proof-of-concept projects to demonstrate cutting edge software solutions to prospective customers.
- Use customer feedback and interaction to design and test new product features.
- Interact with established and emerging companies through training classes, conferences, and marketing events.
- Help evangelize the critical role GT plays in helping automotive companies on the Road to Net Zero Emissions.
- Opportunity for travel to customer sites throughout the US, if desired.
Education and Experience
- MS or BS degree in electrical engineering (or similar)
- New college graduates or experienced engineers are welcome
- Desired GPA for new graduates is 3.5
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- Experience with electrical circuit simulation software and/or power electronics solution such as PSIM, PLECS, SPICE, etc.
- Experience with multi-physics modeling of power electronic systems (i.e thermal, magnetic, fluid flow, mechanical)
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical and electromagnetic systems
- Experience with automotive applications, including design, measurement and instrumentation, controls, and/or SAE projects (Formula SAE, Formula SAE Electric, EcoCAR, etc.).
Salary and Benefits
- GT offers competitive pay, vacation, sick, personal, and work-from-anywhere days, and a work environment that allows you to grow and prosper.
- We offer best in class health benefits for you and your dependents.
- We offer a 401k and Roth 401k retirement plans.
- We provide an onsite fitness center.
- The primary work location will be our Westmont, IL office. We’ve adopted a hybrid work policy asking employees to report to the office 2-3 days per work week.
- As an organization, we value collaborating and learning from our peers in person, while providing the necessary flexibility for our employees to have a meaningful work-life balance.
Other Requirements and Notes:
- Due to the issuance of Executive Order 14042 which effectively mandates COVID-19 vaccination for all U.S. based employees of federal contractors and subcontractors, all U.S. based GT employees will be required to be fully vaccinated by January 18th, 2022, or by their first date of employment if after that date, subject to legally required accommodations.
- ALL candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer; no third parties please.
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
GT’s flagship product, GT-SUITE, an engineering simulation software is used by over 600 companies including all global automotive manufacturing companies GT-SUITE includes a complete library of physics-based modeling templates covering fluid flow, thermal systems, mechanics, electrics, magnetics, chemistry and controls. It supports the entire product development cycle from concept to validation. GT-SUITE applications include a wide variety of engineering systems such as conventional, electrified and fully electric vehicles and their powertrains, engines and catalysts, batteries, motors and power electronics, pumps and compressors, thermal management and HVAC, hydraulics and lubrication, multi-body mechanics and much more.
GT-SUITE software comes with exciting and easy to learn User Interfaces, ranging from 3D pre-processing to real-time monitoring. The entire software platform uses state-of-the-art backend technologies that leverage the growing popularity of high-performance centers and the cloud.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.This job listing is no longer active. To see the current list of available positions, please visit our Careers page.