Product Engineer - User Experience
Product Engineer – User Experience
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a Product Engineer – User Experience with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us.
As a Product Engineer in the User Experience team, you will help our customers get the most out of our software with GT-SUITE’s sophisticated user interface that enables our customers to build, run, and analyze output produced by our physics engine.
Building models often occurs within collaborative environments at our clients, and we deliver the capabilities to efficiently re-use data, share subsystems of larger models with other groups, and deploy front-end interfaces (including web-based) for users with different levels of experience. Running models involves model validation and real-time run-time monitoring, requiring extensive user experience design.
Post-processing involves setting up customized reports and utilizing data analytics techniques ranging from data smoothing and trendline generation to using sophisticated machine learning techniques to answer engineering questions. Visualization is also a key capability that allows our customers to generate plots, tables, and diagrams that allow effective digestion of physical trends to make engineering decisions.
- Engage with customers to identify and prioritize UI / UX development opportunities to deliver best-in-class software
- Define and own the long-term vision for the user experience of key components of GT-SUITE’s user interface
- Act as product owner for your assigned areas of our user interface
- Generate feature proposals to satisfy design requirements
- Manage concurrent development projects to deliver timely feature updates to GT-SUITE
- Participate in sprint planning, standups, etc. representing your component(s) of the software
- Work with customers after the delivery of features to support a high quality user experience
Education, Experience, and Skills
- BS or BA in Engineering, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction disciplines, or other similar technical degrees.
- 5+ years of experience with product management/ownership, or experience as a user of CAE software is preferred
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- Experience with product management/ownership of web applications
- Experience with Agile development methods and associated tools such as JIRA
- Experience with PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) Software, such as Siemens Teamcenter or Dassault Enovia/3DS is a plus
Salary and Benefits
- GT offers competitive pay, vacation, sick and personal days, and a work environment that allows you to grow and prosper.
- We offer best-in-class health benefits for you and your dependents.
- We offer a 401k and Roth 401k retirement plans.
- We provide an onsite fitness center.
- The primary work location will be our Westmont, IL office. We’ve adopted a hybrid work policy asking employees to report to the office 2-3 days per work week.
- As an organization, we value collaborating and learning from our peers in person, while providing the necessary flexibility for our employees to have a meaningful work-life balance.
Other Requirements and Notes:
- Due to the issuance of Executive Order 14042 which effectively mandates COVID-19 vaccination for all U.S.-based employees of federal contractors and subcontractors, all U.S.-based GT employees will be required to be fully vaccinated by January 18th, 2022, or by their first date of employment if after that date, subject to legally required accommodations.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer; no third parties, please.
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
GT’s flagship product, GT-SUITE, an engineering simulation software is used by over 600 companies including all global automotive manufacturing companies GT-SUITE includes a complete library of physics-based modeling templates covering fluid flow, thermal systems, mechanics, electrics, magnetics, chemistry and controls. It supports the entire product development cycle from concept to validation. GT-SUITE applications include a wide variety of engineering systems such as conventional, electrified and fully electric vehicles and their powertrains, engines and catalysts, batteries, motors and power electronics, pumps and compressors, thermal management and HVAC, hydraulics and lubrication, multi-body mechanics and much more.
GT-SUITE software comes with exciting and easy-to-learn User Interfaces, ranging from 3D pre-processing to real-time monitoring. The entire software platform uses state-of-the-art backend technologies that leverage the growing popularity of high-performance centers and the cloud.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry-level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.