Application Engineer: Battery
Application Engineer: Battery
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a Battery Application Engineer with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us.
We are looking for a creative, talented, and self-starting application engineer to join our Support and Applications Group to help our customers get the most out of our software and to leverage the knowledge learned from these interactions to improve our software continuously. Gamma Technologies develops GT-SUITE and GT-AutoLion. GT-SUITE is sophisticated desktop software packages for simulating almost any engineering multi-physics system, such as those in the automotive, aerospace, and other industries, involving fluid, thermal, mechanical, electromagnetics, chemical, and control elements. GT-AutoLion, built upon the Newman Pseudo-2D framework, provides an additional physics-based model of Lithium-ion and Lithium-metal cells for modeling performance, degradation, and safety of energy storage systems. These tools also utilize a sophisticated set of user interfaces including map-based and 3D-based pre- and post-processors.
Specifically, you would join our Electrical Applications team whose focus is on electric powertrains and energy storage devices.
- Assist customers in their use of our software to design battery cells and packs
- Use customer feedback and interaction to design and test new product features related to electrochemical battery modeling
- Carry out proof-of-concept projects to demonstrate cutting-edge software solutions to prospective customers in the area of battery and electrification
- Interact with customers and prospective customers through training classes, conferences, and marketing events
- Help evangelize the critical role Gamma Technologies plays in helping automotive companies on the Road to Zero Carbon
- Opportunity for travel internationally, including Europe and occasionally Asia
Education, Experience, and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- MS degree in engineering (mechanical, chemical, or energy) or materials science (or similar)
- Two or more years of experience with battery cell or pack simulation
Salary and Benefits
- GT offers competitive pay, vacation, sick and personal days, and a work environment that allows you to grow and prosper
- We offer best-in-class health benefits for you and your dependents
- We offer a 401k and Roth 401k retirement plans
- We provide an onsite fitness center
- The primary work location will be our Westmont, IL office. We’ve adopted a hybrid work policy asking employees to report to the office 3 days per work week
- As an organization, we value collaborating and learning from our peers in person, while providing the necessary flexibility for our employees to have a meaningful work-life balance
Other Requirements and Notes:
- All U.S.-based GT employees are required to be fully vaccinated, subject to legally required accommodations.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer; no third parties, please.
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry-level to upper management. Daily interactions and outside social events within a team allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.