Product Engineer - User Experience
Product Engineer – User Experience
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a Product Engineer – User Experience with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us. This position is located in the Thessaloniki, Greece office.
As a Product Engineer in the User Experience team, you will help our customers get the most out of our software with GT-SUITE’s sophisticated user interface that enables our customers to build, run, and analyze output produced by our physics engine.
Building models often occurs within collaborative environments at our clients, and we deliver the capabilities to efficiently re-use data, share subsystems of larger models with other groups, and deploy front-end interfaces (including web-based) for users with different levels of experience. Running models involves model validation and real-time run-time monitoring, requiring extensive user experience design.
Post-processing involves setting up customized reports and utilizing data analytics techniques ranging from data smoothing and trendline generation to using sophisticated machine learning techniques to answer engineering questions. Visualization is also a key capability that allows our customers to generate plots, tables, and diagrams that allow effective digestion of physical trends to make engineering decisions.
As we begin a journey to transform GT’s desktop applications into web applications, this role is expected to evolve similarly.
- Engage with customers to identify and prioritize UI / UX development opportunities to deliver best-in-class software
- Act as product owner for your assigned areas of our user interface
- Generate feature proposals to satisfy design requirements
- Manage concurrent development projects to deliver timely feature updates to GT-SUITE
- Participate in sprint planning, standups, etc. representing your component(s) of the software
- Work with customers after delivery of features to support a high-quality user experience
Education, Experience, and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- BS or BA in Engineering, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction disciplines, or other similar technical degrees
- 2+ years of experience with product management/ownership, or experience as a user of CAE software is preferred
- Self-starter and fast learner with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Very good English language skills written and spoken
- Helpful and kind attitude with a customer focus
- Self-organizing working mindset
- Willingness to occasionally travel in Europe and internationally
- Experience with CAE tools, such as GT-SUITE, Amesim, Dymola
- Interest in engineering challenges and related development processes
- Knowledge of Python, Matlab, or similar
- Good German language skills written and spoken
- A dynamic and highly talented team of experts
- The opportunity to bring in your own ideas, implement them, and make them accessible to a large customer base
- The opportunity to build a professional network in various branches of industry
- The primary work location will be our Thessaloniki, Greece office. We’ve adopted a hybrid work policy asking employees to report to the office 3 days per workweek
- An attractive salary and additional company benefits
Other Requirements and Notes
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry-level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.