Product Engineer - User Experience
Product Engineer – User Experience
For our office in Prague, Czech Republic, Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is seeking a Product Engineer – User Experience with a strong work ethic, sound judgment, and a willingness to develop a long-term career with us.
Engineering simulation software called GT-SUITE is created, marketed, and sold by Gamma Technologies. All major automakers successfully use GT software for many years, and most of cars/vehicles around us include parts designed by GT. Our products support the development of environmentally friendly, cost-effective products by our clients in the automotive, aerospace, and marine sectors.
We are seeking a creative, smart, and self-starting application engineer to join our User Experience team and assist our clients in making the most of our software. With GT-advanced SUITE’s user interface, our customers can design, run, and evaluate output generated by our physics engine.
You will collaborate closely with highly skilled engineers from many of the top businesses in the automotive and other sectors, who utilize our software to hasten the development of new products and lessen environmental impact. This role will assist the User Experience team in developing our model builder (GT-ISE). This function is anticipated to change in a similar manner when we embark on the path to convert GT’s desktop apps into online applications.
- Engage with customers to identify and prioritize UI / UX development opportunities to deliver best-in-class software
- Define and own the long-term vision for the user experience of key components of GT-SUITE’s model-building user interface
- Act as product owner for your assigned areas of our user interface
- Generate feature proposals to satisfy design requirements
- Manage concurrent development projects to deliver timely feature updates to GT-SUITE
- Participate in sprint planning, standups, etc. representing your component(s) of the software
- Work with customers after delivery of features to support a high-quality user experience
Education, Experience, and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- University degree (Engineering, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction disciplines, or other similar technical degrees, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with product management/ownership, or experience as a user of CAE software is preferred
- Self-starter and fast learner with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent spoken and written English language abilities
- Self-organizing working mindset
- Interdisciplinary thinking and acting, independent, structured way of working as well as teamwork, resilience, and flexibility
- Interest in engineering challenges and related development processes
- Willingness to occasionally travel in Europe and internationally
- Experience with CAE tools, such as GT-SUITE, Amesim, TwinBuilder, Dymola, WAVE is an advantage
- Programming skills are an advantage (Matlab, Python, etc.)
- A dynamic and highly talented team of experts
- The opportunity to bring in your own ideas, implement them, and make them accessible to a large customer base
- The opportunity to build a professional network in various branches of industry
- An attractive salary and additional company benefits
Other Requirements and Notes:
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry-level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.