Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a Payroll Accountant with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us.
We are seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Payroll Accountant to join our team. The Payroll Accountant will play a vital role in ensuring accurate and timely payroll processing for both domestic and international employees, utilizing the UKG Global payroll solution platform. In this role, you will handle a range of responsibilities, including payroll administration, responding to employee inquiries, identifying areas for process improvement, and collaborating closely with Human Resources and Accounting departments. The position also focuses on the analytical aspects of payroll, the generation of reports, data analysis, and contributing to decision-making processes. It highlights the need for advanced Excel skills, attention to detail, and the ability to provide valuable insights based on payroll data.
- Process payroll for employees, ensuring accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Maintain and update payroll records in the UKG system, including employee data changes, new hires, and terminations.
- Address employee queries related to paychecks, direct deposit, W-2 forms, and general payroll inquiries.
- Generate and prepare regular reports, contributing to data analysis and decision-making processes.
- Conduct pre-check and post-check audits to validate payroll accuracy.
- Oversee payroll check escheatment process and handle garnishment notifications, if necessary.
- Process special requests and off-cycle payroll checks as required.
- Ensure compliance with payroll laws, regulatory withholdings, and company policies.
- Assist with additional duties such as monthly headcount reporting, managing the 401k audit, analyzing actual-to-budget variances, administering long-term incentive units via Shareworks platform, conducting benefit reconciliations, and overseeing HRA administration through HR Simplified platform.
Education, Experience, and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field is required.
- Minimum of five years of payroll processing experience, demonstrating proficiency in payroll administration.
- Strong technical knowledge working with the UKG payroll system is a plus.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy with excellent administrative skills.
- Well-organized with exceptional prioritization and time management abilities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong commitment to customer service, and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables, lookups, and conditional formatting.
- High ethical standards, ensuring confidentiality and accountability in handling sensitive payroll information.
- Team-oriented mindset, with flexibility and a strong alignment with the company’s values.
Salary and Benefits
- GT offers competitive pay, vacation, sick and personal days, and a work environment that allows you to grow and prosper.
- We offer best-in-class health benefits for you and your dependents.
- We offer 401k and Roth 401k retirement plans.
- We provide an onsite fitness center.
- The primary work location will be our Westmont, IL office. We’ve adopted a hybrid work policy asking employees to report to the office 3 days per work week.
- As an organization, we value collaborating and learning from our peers in person, while providing the necessary flexibility for our employees to have a meaningful work-life balance.
Other Requirements and Notes:
- All U.S.-based GT employees are required to be fully vaccinated, subject to legally required accommodations.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer; no third parties, please.
- This position does not qualify for immigration sponsorship.
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry-level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.