Controls, Co-Simulation and XiL Application Engineer
Controls, Co-Simulation and XiL Application Engineer
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a Controls, Co-Simulation & XiL Application Engineer with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us.
We are looking for a creative, talented, and self-starting application engineer to join our Support and Applications Group to help our customers get the most out of our software and leverage the knowledge learned from these interactions to continuously improve our software. Gamma Technologies develops GT-SUITE, a sophisticated desktop software package for simulating almost any kind of engineering multi-physics system, such as those arising in the automotive, aerospace, and other industries, involving fluid, thermal, mechanical, electromagnetics, chemical, and controls elements. It also utilizes a sophisticated set of user interfaces including map-based and 3D-based pre- and post-processors.
Specifically, you would join our systems integration simulation team whose focus is on modeling of vehicle systems and their integration with multiple domains such as powertrain/propulsion, thermal management, and controls. This is an opportunity to contribute to the automotive and other transportation industries and more specifically the development of electrified powertrains by means of simulation.
- Opportunity to develop solutions to assist customers in advancing their simulation capability and thereby reduce reliance on physical testing.
- Assist customers in their use of our software to co-simulate GT-SUITE with other 3rd party tools, predominantly MATLAB/Simulink.
- Use customer feedback and interaction to design and test new GT-SUITE product features related to co-simulation methodologies, and model/software/hardware in the loop.
- Proactively carry out proof-of-concept projects to demonstrate cutting-edge software solutions to prospective customers around systems integration.
- Research, Design, Prototype, and Test various software solutions that help improve co-simulation and GT-SUITE model deployment workflows.
- Interact with established and emerging automotive companies through training classes, conferences, and marketing events.
- Help evangelize the critical role Gamma Technologies plays in helping automotive companies on the Road to Zero Carbon.
- Opportunity to travel to customer sites, both domestically and internationally, including Europe and occasionally Asia.
Education, Experience, and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- A Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is required with a desired GPA of 3.4/4.0.
- 3+ years of professional and/or graduate-level experience in control systems development or 1D modeling for model, software, or hardware in the loop applications
- Deep knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink, scripting, and model compilation processes
- Familiarity with Python and/or C code
- Familiarity with Co-simulation and Software in the Loop applications (e.g. FMI, XCP)
- Familiarity with Hardware in the Loop systems, such as dSPACE, NI Veristand, Speedgoat, or Concurrent
Salary and Benefits
- GT offers competitive pay, vacation, sick and personal days, and a work environment that allows you to grow and prosper.
- We offer best-in-class health benefits for you and your dependents.
- We offer a 401k and Roth 401k retirement plans.
- We provide an onsite fitness center.
- The primary work location will be our Westmont, IL office. We’ve adopted a hybrid work policy asking employees to report to the office 3 days per work week.
- As an organization, we value collaborating and learning from our peers in person, while providing the necessary flexibility for our employees to have a meaningful work-life balance.
Other Requirements and Notes:
- Due to the issuance of Executive Order 14042 which effectively mandates COVID-19 vaccination for all U.S.-based employees of federal contractors and subcontractors, all U.S.-based GT employees will be required to be fully vaccinated by January 18th, 2022, or by their first date of employment if after that date, subject to legally required accommodations.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer; no third parties, please.
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
GT’s flagship product, GT-SUITE, an engineering simulation software is used by over 600 companies including all global automotive manufacturing companies GT-SUITE includes a complete library of physics-based modeling templates covering fluid flow, thermal systems, mechanics, electrics, magnetics, chemistry and controls. It supports the entire product development cycle from concept to validation. GT-SUITE applications include a wide variety of engineering systems such as conventional, electrified, and fully electric vehicles and their powertrains, engines and catalysts, batteries, motors and power electronics, pumps and compressors, thermal management and HVAC, hydraulics and lubrication, multi-body mechanics and much more.
GT-SUITE software comes with exciting and easy-to-learn User Interfaces, ranging from 3D pre-processing to real-time monitoring. The entire software platform uses state-of-the-art backend technologies that leverage the growing popularity of high-performance centers and the cloud.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry-level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.