Client Executive - Marine
Honan Insurance Group
Client Executive, Marine, is responsible for generating and driving business growth objectives within the wider Marine sector, working with colleagues in both Singapore, Malaysia and across the region. The Client Executive, will establish a pipeline of opportunities and working alongside the broader business to convert qualified opportunities.
Some key deliverables:
Collaborating and Partnering for Client Value
- Responsible for new business growth aligned to annual targets as set and agreed by the Head of Corporate
- Responsible for generation of pipeline and prospects and associated sales data being recorded and reported.
- Applying a consultative sales approach to engage prospects, presentations and tender responses which creatively and effectively address complex prospect needs and appropriately communicate the business value of internal services and offerings
- Identify and gain an understanding of potential new business partners and existing with potential to grow
- Delivering client centric mentality in all sales initiatives, processes and critical projects
- Driven by providing exceptional client service, able to understand their needs and match them to Honan’s offerings
- Develop and maintain meaningful working relationships with insurers
- Working with all of Honan’s various broking departments to identify cross-selling opportunities and potential knowledge sharing to facilitate growth of existing clients
Inspiring with Operational Excellence
- Assisting with the preparation of new business proposals, renewal proposals and client presentations, in collaboration with the Corporate team.
- Ensure the completion of activities delegated by the Head of Corporate within determined parameters
- Available as a first point of contact for clients and troubleshoot issues and support senior managers in escalated matters
- Assist in the development and training of other team members
- Ensure all new business quotes are provided to clients in a timely manner
- Ensure administrative tasks are completed by service teams within acceptable timeframes
- Issue all documentation in accordance with our compliance and operational requirements
Satisfying and reaching with new technologies
- Attend and contribute at all team meetings, sharing knowledge and lessons learnt with team members
- Monitor and manage service delivery across new business quoting, renewals and claims
- Adoption of new platforms and systems and adherence to new process requirements
- Contribute to a culture of continual improvement, professional development and learning activities
Sharing Knowledge through Data and Analytics
- Contribute to continual process improvement, constantly challenging ways of operating with innovative ideas and solutions.
- Ensure excellent information flow between all relevant parties so the correct people are kept informed and expectations are well managed both internally and externally
- Monitor renewal retention and growth and measure against retention targets
- Track and report on new business opportunities
- An excellent communicator with great written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independent and show initiative as well as being a team player.
- Possess and apply a thorough technical knowledge of relevant lines of insurance and all associated legislation
- Ability to meet deadlines and drive outcomes
- Able to organize and prioritize tasks in a service-oriented environment where meeting timeline is of utmost importance.
- Strong organisational and written / verbal communication skills
Experience & Qualifications
- Must hold relevant industry certification as a Qualified Practicing Insurance Broker or equivalent coupled with relevant tertiary and/or postgraduate qualifications
- 3 -4 years’ insurance industry experience in a similar role preferably in general insurance
WHO ARE WE?
Our mission is to provide innovative, national, and international corporate insurance and risk management solutions meeting the individual needs of our clients in a cost effective, personal, and professional manner.
As an Australian company operating since 1964, we know what it takes to achieve growth and stability. We believe it starts with our people and supporting their potential. We now provide a full range of insurance, risk and financial services and are recognised as one of the industry leaders in the Asia-Pacific region.
With offices across Australia, New Zealand, and in Singapore and Malaysia, and exclusive access to the global Worldwide Broker Network, we’re big enough to offer you the world, but small enough to keep it personal. If you’re courageous, determined, and have an entrepreneurial spirit – you’ll find your next step to success at Honan.
You can also expect an active social club, and a business committed to their Social Impact Strategy supporting Wellness, Giving Back, Sustainability, and Inclusion. There is always something fun happening at Honan, be apart of it today.
Get social with us at the #thisishonan
LinkedIn: Honan Insurance Group