Claims Executive - Commercial Property
Honan Insurance Group
We are currently seeking a self-motivated Claims Executive who prides themselves on their excellent level of enthusiasm and resilience through any situation and challenge.
You would join our Commercial Property Insurance team and be responsible for:
- Receiving, recording, and processing all incoming insurance claims for assigned area.
- Interpreting basic policy coverage and determining if the coverage applies to the claims submitted, escalating issues as needed.
- Setting reserves and authorising payment within scope of authority, settling claims in the most cost-effective manner, and ensuring timely issuance of disbursements.
- Identifying suspicious or potentially fraudulent claims, notifying supervisor, arranging investigation, and briefing solicitors if further action is to be taken.
- Providing information and feedback on claims activity and developing trends to underwriters/risk assessors to enable appropriate actions to be carried out
WHO ARE YOU?
The successful candidate must be able to establish and maintain good working client relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years of property/strata claims experience
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple tasks and adhere to deadlines within SLA timeframes
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills coupled with exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Advanced attention to detail skills and outcome focused
- Tertiary qualifications in law will be highly regarded.
WHO ARE WE?
Our mission is to provide innovative, national, and international corporate insurance and risk management solutions meeting the individual needs of our clients in a cost effective, personal, and professional manner.
Honan Insurance Group was wholly acquired by Marsh Pty Ltd in November 2023.
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk advisor. With more than 45,000 colleagues advising clients in over 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data-driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue of $23 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer and Oliver Wyman. For more information, visit marsh.com, and follow us on LinkedIn and X.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria and you are looking for a new challenge, please click the apply button now to submit your CV and Cover Letter for this opportunity.