As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be part of a team of some of the best and brightest in the industry who are focused on full-cycle development of scalable web and responsive applications that touch our growing customer base every day. As part of the Labs team, you will work collaboratively with agile team members to design new system functionality and to research and remedy complex issues as they arise, embodying a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development.
When you join iCIMS, you join the team helping global companies transform business and the world through the power of talent. Our customers do amazing things: design rocket ships, create vaccines, deliver consumer goods globally, overnight, with a smile. As the Talent Cloud company, we empower these organizations to attract, engage, hire, and advance the right talent. We’re passionate about helping companies build a diverse, winning workforce and about building our home team. We're dedicated to fostering an inclusive, purpose-driven, and innovative work environment where everyone belongs.
- Expertise and proficiency in many technologies, domains and subsystems \n
- Responsible for designing and implementing new features and performing code reviews \n
- Develop, test, and maintain a scalable web and responsive applications while devising automation strategies, test strategies, and test cases to automate new features and enhance existing functionality Apply engineering best practices to design, develop, and analyze test plans and strategies to meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability, and security needs \n
- Collaborate with agile team members on achieving Sprint deliverables, and ensure proper documentation exists for assigned products \n
- Research and resolve complex problems as they arise while proactively searching for improvements with respect to modules and features \n
- Responsible for data tracking using Snowplow \n
- Build and maintain ELT pipelines using Python, Scala, and Java \n
- Build and maintain data warehouse and data marts in Redshift \n
- Implement dimensional modeling using in-database transformation tool dbt and implement multi-touch source attribution modeling \n
- Create dashboards and visualization in Looker using programmable lookml \n
- Design and implement data lake architecture that ingests data from various sources, including SQL, Server, MySQL, MariaDB, S3, and BigQuery, and prepare them in consumable parquet format using DMS, AppFlow and Glue, to support Data Science, AI/ML, and BI use cases \n
- Mentor Software Engineers (I-III) \n
- Domain expert in enterprise software development influencing best practices and external value \n
- Expertise in the following: data pipelines, ETL (Extract, Transform, Load); data analysis; dashboard and visualization; data modeling; API; Pandas; Python; SQL; Java; MySQL; and MongoDB \n
- Expertise in one or more of the following frameworks or libraries, such as: Hibernate and Spring, Reactjs and Redux, node.js \n
- Advanced proficiency with multiple design patterns including Strategy, Observer, and Bridge \n
- Advanced proficiency in test automation tools, such as Selenium Webdriver, Appium or similar tools \n
- Expertise in test design, test creation, test execution and defect analysis/root cause investigation \n
- Advanced proficiency in multiple best practices such as Test Driven Development (TDD), behavioral-driven development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) \n
- Extensive experience utilizing Docker containerization, ability to set-up and modify build and release tools such as, Jenkins and AWS tooling \n
- Extensive understanding of software engineering practices, philosophies and techniques \n
- Mentor others in following Agile/SCRUM techniques \n
- Ability to influence, lead and organize projects across multiple agile teams with a focus on results \n
- Strong technologist who can anticipate issues/opportunities and build solutions \n
iCIMS is a place where everyone belongs. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our approach helps us to build a winning team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. So, regardless of how your diversity expresses itself, you can find a home here at iCIMS.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Compensation and Benefits
The target total compensation for this role will be based upon experience.\n
Competitive health and wellness benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), dependent care, short term and long term disability, life and AD&D insurance, bonding and parental leave, mindfulness resources, an open vacation policy, sick days, paid holidays, quiet hours each workday, and tuition reimbursement. Benefits and eligibility may vary by location, role, and tenure. Learn more here: https://careers.icims.com/benefits