IT Administrator (Core) (m/f/d)
Work is now defined by what we do, not where we go. The widely distributed workforce is here to stay.
IGEL allows workers to thrive, regardless of the environment, while organizations retain full management, control, and security of user endpoints. IGEL secures and simplifies digital workspaces in healthcare, finance, retail, higher education, government, and manufacturing organizations around the world. All we’re missing is: YOU.
IT Core administrators optimize and maintain IGELs IT network, servers, storage and so on. They work mostly on backend systems that are hosted in data centers or on the Cloud.
They are also responsible for platforms for server virtualization. IT Core Administrators provide 2nd level advanced support and work on ticket queues as well as on projects. Their responsibility is also to keep the systems secure and compliant over the whole system lifecycle.
- Network administration (routers, switches, firewall, DNS, WIFI, certificates, monitoring)
- Administration of Linux and Windows servers in Azure (IaaS, PaaS) and On-Premises
- Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- Administration of VMWare Cluster and On-Premises Server Hardware
- Management of IT projects
- Evaluation of new concepts in the field of IT core infrastructure
- License administration for server
- Ensuring IT security and compliance for core infrastructure environment
- Administration of antivirus solution
- Administration of Office 365 Server Applications like Exchange Online and SharePoint Online
- International 2nd level user support and consulting of own employees
- Technical research
- Documentation of IT infrastructure
- IT administrator or relevant work experience with qualified technical training
- Minimum of six to nine years related experience
- Sound knowledge of network administration
- Works under minimal supervision. Wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Confident handling of Linux, Windows and VMWare servers, Office 365 server technologies such as Exchange Online and SharePoint Online
- Experience in operating hybrid Active Directory/ Azure Active Directory environments.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure (IaaS/PaaS)
- Highly skilled with extensive proficiency. Track record of projects with high technical and / or organizational complexity.
- May assist less-experienced peers.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- A thorough induction into the company and our products
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment, and feedback with a positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary and great IT equipment
- Individual further training opportunities for your career
- Flexible working times, so that you can combine your demanding work with your private goals and requirements.
- Free beverages and fruits, diverse sports offerings, co-financed company pension plan and much more benefits
- Light-flooded and ultra-modern new offices in Augsburg, Karlsruhe and Bremen
- A highly motivated team that is already looking forward to your support and to developing strategies and achieving common goals together with you
… and much more!
Interested? Apply now via our online applicant portal!
If you have any questions about the position or application process, our HR team is happy to assist.
IGEL Technology GmbH
28197 Bremen, Germany
Tel: +49 (0) 421 / 52094 2000
Please note that we are unable to hire applicants residing in countries outside our legal entitites' countries. Please note that IGEL does not currently have a sponsorship licence and is regrettably unable to offer sponsorship.
We celebrate tolerance and diversity, and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, skills and perspectives.
IGEL is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want the best available person in every job. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Please click here to access the information according to art. 13 data protection regulation (DSGVO) for applicants