Linux Security Engineer (m/f/d)
Work is now defined by what we do, not where we go. The widely distributed workforce is here to stay.
IGEL allows workers to thrive, regardless of the environment, while organizations retain full management, control, and security of user endpoints. IGEL secures and simplifies digital workspaces in healthcare, finance, retail, higher education, government, and manufacturing organizations around the world. All we’re missing is: YOU.
With our Linux-based IGEL OS and our central management service, millions of endpoint devices are operated worldwide. Together with 100+ partners such as Citrix, VMware, Microsoft
or Amazon, we enable a wide range of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Desktop as a Service applications. We leverage the full power of endpoints and offer our customers a secure platform.
Our development department implements the entire software development process and is responsible for the operating system and the integration of the various VDI solutions. To drive technical and content innovation, it integrates new software solutions based on modern technologies in the area of cloud computing and continuously develops the operating system.
As a Security Engineer (m/f/d) in our Linux development, you will ensure that the products meet the latest security requirements for enterprise use. You will support the team in security issues and work on the implementation of security-critical components yourself.
If you are looking for an exciting security task and like to think along with the team, you should consider this role with IGEL.
- You develop security concepts for our software and implement them with the team
- You will support the teams in re-design, new developments and in the expansion of automated security tests
- You will develop and establish a Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC) in the Linux development department
- You create secure coding guidelines
- You create and monitor the SonarQube code quality rules
- You create AppArmor profiles
- You have a degree in computer science, mathematics or relevant professional experience with qualified technical education
- You are proficient in C and C++ programming and you are familiar with scripting languages such as Bash and Python
- You have experience with software development under Linux
- You are familiar with the structure and functionality of Linux operating systems
- You are familiar with common development tools (Git, Bitbucket, TeamCity)
- You are familiar with secure coding guidelines
- You have experience with measures that increase security in software development such as static code analysis, code review and automated tests
- You have the ability to grasp complex contexts and to work out content independently
- A thorough induction into the company and our products
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment, and feedback with a positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary and great IT equipment
- Individual further training opportunities for your career
- Flexible working times, so that you can combine your demanding work with your private goals and requirements.
- Free beverages and fruits, diverse sports offerings, co-financed company pension plan and much more benefits
- Light-flooded and ultra-modern new offices in Bremen, Augsburg and Karlsruhe
- A highly motivated team that is already looking forward to your support and to developing strategies and achieving common goals together with you
… and much more!
Interested? Apply now via our online applicant portal!
If you have any questions about the position or application process, our HR team is happy to assist.
IGEL Technology GmbH
28197 Bremen, Germany
Tel: +49 (0) 421 / 52094 2000
Please note that we are unable to hire applicants residing in countries outside our legal entitites' countries. Please note that IGEL does not currently have a sponsorship licence and is regrettably unable to offer sponsorship.
We celebrate tolerance and diversity, and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, skills and perspectives.
IGEL is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want the best available person in every job. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Please click here to access the information according to art. 13 data protection regulation (DSGVO) for applicants