Federal Enterprise Pre Sales Engineer (DC Metro)
Work is now defined by what we do, not where we go. The widely distributed workforce is here to stay.
IGEL allows workers to thrive, regardless of the environment, while organizations retain full management, control, and security of user endpoints. IGEL secures and simplifies digital workspaces in healthcare, finance, retail, higher education, government, and manufacturing organizations around the world. All we’re missing is: YOU.
IGEL’s vision is to transform the way the world works, creating better outcomes for people, organizations, and our planet. We deliver on achieving this vision by having the best people, an innovative product, and a plan delivered with passion.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If we just described you, then we really need to talk.
This position requires daily customer, business partner and internal team interaction. Together with the Federal Services Enterprise Relationship Manager, you will be engaged in a customer’s journey from the discovery phase to the post sales handover. A key part of the role is documenting progress of customer opportunities in the CRM, keeping track of technical issues in the IGEL support system and utilizing this system to delegate, engage your peers and move sales opportunities towards closure. Based on customer or field marketing activities, expected travel could be 25%-75% of your work time. A strong desire to learn and a “can do, want to learn” attitude is needed. You will be working with an experienced, motivated team that is willing to share their knowledge and experience to help you expand your skillset and succeed in reaching your goals.
Candidate must live in the DC Metro Area
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Be part of a team of engineers providing excellent service to our customers and partners
- Use of remote tools to demonstrate IGEL solutions and to assist customers during Proof-of-Concept
- Articulate solution architecture adhering to IGEL reference architecture and best practices
- Work through technical issues at the operating system level
- Build and maintain customer and partner rapport through on-site visits and virtual meetings
- Manage technical issues, solutions, and sales opportunity progress by creating cases within our helpdesk system
- Position IGEL services and support offerings as they fit the needs of the customer
- Promote IGEL training offerings and IGEL Certifications
- Demonstrate our technology at industry events and tradeshows
- Manage technical case escalation to maintain forward movement on sales opportunities
- Ensure clear, professional communication between our teams and the customer
- Contribute to customer-facing and internal technical documentation and guides
- Continue education by attending training sessions and reading technical documentation
- Prior experience working opportunities with channel partners is preferred
- Build strong relationships with their key focus partner counterparts and share best practices
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Collaborate with teams from Development, Customer Engineering, Advanced Services, Sales, Marketing and Leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with engineers, sales teams and management
- Strong presentation skills
- A team player who is influential and builds good working relationships across all levels
- Flexibility, integrity, and creative problem-solving skills are imperative to be successful in this role
- Ability to communicate via phone and email is required
- Positive work ethic
- Ability to listen effectively and show patience while working with customers, colleagues, and partners
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Ability to take effective notes
- Ability to multitask effectively and work under pressure
- Positive work ethic
- Federal Security Clearance is not required but is a plus
- Prior Federal Sales Engineer experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with IGEL OS or other Thin Client/Endpoint operating systems is a plus
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
- Experience with Smartcards (CAC, PIV, SIPR), configuration of middleware, certificates and their use with an OS and digital workspace technologies like a browser, remote virtualization
- Experience in Remote Desktop Services, Azure Virtual Desktop, AWS, Citrix, VMware Horizon environments
- Knowledge of networking concepts, including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, et al.
- Good understanding of the solutions offered by IGEL’s technology partners
- Health, dental, vision, and prescription benefits (employee premiums covered by IGEL)
- 10 company-paid holidays per year
- 15-20 days of PTO per year (15 days in the first year and 20 each year thereafter)
- 401(k) plan with 100% company match, up to $5,000 per year
- Monthly home office allowance
- Remote working opportunities and flexible working times, so you can combine your demanding work with your private goals
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Financial Wellness tool
- Company-paid life insurance policy, long-term disability (LTD), and short-term disability (STD) coverage
- Wellbeing apps, including Rightway, Headspace, Gympass, Carrot and Ginger.
- Training and development opportunities to advance your career
- President’s Club for the highest performing salespeople and overachievers
- An amazing culture powered by a workplace run on trust, empowerment, and feedback with a positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- A highly motivated team that is already looking forward to your support in developing strategies and achieving common goals, together with you!
IGEL is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want the best available person in every job. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Please click here to access the information according to art. 13 data protection regulation (DSGVO) for applicants