The Enterprise Architect will be responsible for setting the direction and establishing the approach of an organization's operations, improving the IT infrastructure, and optimizing their business operations. The Enterprise Architect works to align and integrate the organization's strategy and programs with associated technology components.
Strategy & Planning
- Evaluating internal functions, business development strategies, and IT processes and suggesting improvements.
- Creating business architecture models to reflect the organization's strategies and goals and creating and implementing business visions and goals.
- Suggesting ideas to reduce costs in IT and business leadership.
- Providing business architecture and systems processing guidance.
- Ensuring the efficiency, security, and support of the organization's goals.
- Creating methods for compliance architecture, such as data storage, metadata management, and change control.
- Determining and implementing build versus buy strategies, mentor personnel, and views of the overall business strategy.
- Supports all architectural disciplines and champions architectural initiatives.
- Reviews existing business processes and establishes metrics to improve business processes, as well as support all architectural disciplines under their direction.
- Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized architecture domains.
- Aligns architecture strategy with business goals.
- Defines, explains and advocates technology strategy.
- Develops and communicates architectural policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Designs and implements short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure Interswitch’s infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements with regard to employee usage and application hosting
- Ensures the conceptual completeness of the technical solutions.
- Lead teams in developing technology plans.
- Provides strategic consultation to business and IT leaders.
- Lead adoption of the enterprise architecture framework adoption
- Work with business leaders to understand business requirements and help them understand how technology tradeoffs influence strategy.
- Consults with project teams to fit projects to enterprise architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture.
- Develop a communication plan for architecture at the enterprise level.
- Direct the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry, and market trends.
- Ensures recommendations are based on business relevance, appropriate timing, and deployment.
- Approves the tools and components used within the enterprise.
- Collaborates with project management and IT leaders to ensure progress toward architectural alignment with project goals and requirements.
- Drive architectural changes through incident management by proposing relevant changes while collaborating with the respective teams for deployment.
- Lead the change manager team towards continuous improvement of the change management process and ensure the deployed changes are in line with business needs.
- Develop standards and frameworks towards aligning with business.
- University degree in the field of computer science or 'STEM' major (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or related field
- Minimum of 8 years experience in IT and business/industry including architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management, and infrastructural planning and operations
- Experience in working with multiple, cross-functional teams or projects and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Requires exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture, business re-engineering principles and processes, and basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Experience with cloud and container technology