Regional Head, Growth Marketing - Interswitch East Africa
The ideal candidate will be responsible for driving the implementation of Interswitch marketing strategy in East Africa. Implement cutting-edge growth marketing and communication initiatives, leveraging relevant insights and data within and outside Interswitch’s businesses across East Africa, amplifying the brand's narrative, driving customer engagement, acquisition, and retention resulting in sustainable growth in key business metrics e.g., Revenue, Profit, Market Share and Brand Equity. Support the positioning of the company, working with the group marketing function, as a leading entity in the region's dynamic Fintech ecosystem and driving the implementation of efficiency and effectiveness of marketing budget utilization in a Pro-ROI manner and supportive of optimal consumer lifetime value.
- Lead and manage the growth marketing team in the East African market, exemplifying and fostering a high-performance culture, setting clear objectives, and empowering team members to excel.
- Drive growth, maximize return on marketing investment, and inform customer-facing experience across the customer funnel.
- Collaborate with Divisional Heads of Growth Marketing teams and Brand and Corporate Communications to drive the growth agenda of the group.
- Go-To-Market Strategy & Planning - go-to-market planning for new products, including budget, customer, and revenue growth.
- Lifecycle Management - Drive lifecycle retention program, including transactional messaging and trigger programs.
- Campaign Planning & Management - Plan, execute, and lead paid campaigns across online and offline channels.
- Customer Funnel Optimization - Post-launch, design and implement optimization tests across end-to-end customer funnel.
- Customer Retention and Loyalty - Leverage insights from data to design targeted lifestyle retention and loyalty programs to sustain usage performance and mitigate customer churn.
- Pan African Market Expansion and Penetration – With the guidance of the EVP, ensure alignment within the team around ISW's broader goals through regular alignment sessions and strategic discussions.
- Customer Collaboration/Co-marketing engagements - With the guidance of the EVP, collaborate with various departments, in the country, regionally, and the group to ensure seamless coordination and alignment of efforts towards achieving ISW's growth objectives in the Region.
- Coaching and Talent Development - Identify skills gaps within the Marketing teams and champion continuous learning through workshops, courses, and certifications.
- Plan and execute events, webinars, conferences, and workshops to showcase.
- Foster a culture of creativity, innovation, and continuous improvement within the department, driving the team toward excellence in all marketing endeavors.
- With approval from the group (EVP), collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to effectively manage public relations, media relations, corporate communications, and media outreach efforts to secure positive coverage and enhance ISW’s reputation in the region.
- Work closely with the Group digital team to champion the adoption of digital marketing strategies, tactics, tools, and platforms, driving online presence and engagement.
- Work closely with the group to conduct market research to identify customer needs, preferences, and emerging trends, using insights to inform marketing strategies.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION(S) and CERTIFICATION
- An internationally recognized 1st degree. A Postgraduate degree in Marketing or an MBA could be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage e.g., CIM (UK)
- At least 10 years of marketing and communications experience preferably in a reputable Financial Institution/Fintech company or Telecommunications covering the aspects listed below:
- Proven track record in developing and executing successful marketing strategies and campaigns across multiple channels.
- Demonstrated experience in (or at least conversant with) digital marketing, including SEO, SEM, PPC, social media, and Content Marketing.
- Familiarity with the East African market dynamics, its unique challenges, opportunities, regulatory environment, customer behaviors, and cultural
- At least 6 to 8 years of proven leadership experience, with at least 6 years spent in a C-suite or Senior Management role developing, cultivating, and leading high-performing marketing and communication teams.
- Proven experience in stakeholder management, both internal and external.
- Demonstrable experience in budgeting, forecasting, and ROI analysis for marketing campaigns.
- Strategic decision-making experience is critical for formulating strategies – demonstrable experience in strategic decisions that have led to growth, innovation, and market expansion.