Senior Platform Software Engineer (UK, Remote)
Senior Platform Software Engineer
Who We Are:
Ivanti's platform makes it possible for employees to stay productive, secure and engaged wherever they are. That starts with us. With headquarters in Utah, offices in London and Paris and nearly 3,200 employees in 25 countries around the world, we are the Everywhere Workplace – it's a great time to work for Ivanti!
We anticipate our customers’ needs, we are highly responsive, and we deliver innovative solutions that exceed their expectations. Our mission is to be a global technology leader enabling organizations to thrive in the Everywhere Workplace – automating the tasks that discover, manage, secure and service all of their IT assets.
Teamwork is intrinsic to what we do and why we do it. We are accountable to each other – and support one another. We provide opportunities to grow, learn, add value and thrive – while also achieving new levels of performance. We treat all with appreciation, dignity, and respect. It is through diverse and inclusive hiring, decision-making, and commitment to our employees and partners that we will continue to build and deliver world-class solutions for our customers.
Why We Need you!
Ivanti’s SaaS Platform Team is looking for a team member to make an impact. This team is responsible for design and implement cloud platform and infrastructure on AWS/Azure for Ivanti’s cloud product. As part of the team, you will have a chance to work on the latest technologies, including MongoDB, Apache Kafka/Zookeeper, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Apache Spark, and cloud-native ecosystems of Azure, AWS, and Kubernetes.
What You Will Be Doing:
· Build Ivanti’s Neurons cloud platform and manage Ivanti’s cloud service on Azure and AWS.
· Design and implement automation measures such as self-recovery and health-checking to sustain system resiliency,
· Build cost-saving for services (e.g., Kafka, MongoDB, ElasticSearch) with workload metrics prediction and autoscaling.
· Working with SRE team for Ivanti cloud services in production.
To Be Successful in The Role, You Will Have:
· Candidate must have solid programming skills in at least one modern language. Python, Ruby, or Golang is preferred. Java, Scala, Dotnet can be considered as well
· Solid background in OS system level and networking level knowledge is required. Background in distributed software frameworks (e.g., Kafka, MongoDB) is highly desired.
· Some background in cloud-native eco-system (i.e., Kubernetes), or some experience in one of the major cloud vendors (AWS, Azure, or GCP) is preferred.
At Ivanti, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ivanti believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.