Senior DevOps Engineer (Scotland)
Ivanti are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our DevOps team in Scotland either in a remote role or working from our office in Dundee. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in our mission to enable product development to release software effectively and efficiently with the ultimate goal of enabling organizations to elevate the Everywhere Workplace in a secure environment.
Who we are
Ivanti are a leading provider of security and service management software. We provide solutions primarily targeted at IT departments within medium to large organizations to help them securely manage their IT infrastructure and service their clients.
Our company history is one of mergers and acquisitions which means we have dozens of products that we develop, maintain and market, offering you lots of opportunities to grow.
We are on a journey to move and improve our main product offerings in the cloud under a SaaS model. We are looking for skilled individuals to help us get there.
What you’ll do
Working in a scrum team you’ll collaborate with your colleagues to solve complex challenges whilst overcoming constraints in the form of cost and execution time.
Immediately you’ll be focused on our IT Service Management product. This product is written in C#, with a SQL Server backend and consumed via APIs and a JS framework frontend. It has multiple hosting strategies that include on-prem windows services; and containers on Kubernetes (AKS)
- Develop pipelines that use versioned scripts / definitions to build and test software components.
- Implement deployment pipelines that can be used to deploy to a variety of different targets. i.e. Test, Staging, Production
- Understand the Definition of Done used by the product development teams and build automation / integrations that help the teams conform to these.
- Build tooling that helps us automate and comply with security requirements / certifications
- Follow industry best practice and Ivanti guidelines to standardise implementation
- Ensuring versioning and dependencies are implemented and tracked
- Develop and maintain monitoring dashboards of our builds / deployments
- Identify bottlenecks in our processes and work with your peers to improve these
- Play a leading role in discussions / code review so the team “levels up” together
- A fundamental understanding of DevOps practices such as CI/CD and DORA metrics
- Code authoring and writing reusable, maintainable code in version control
- Hands on experience with CI Servers / Runners. In ITSM we use ADO Pipelines but are looking to adopt GitHub actions as our primary runner.
- Experience of working with Containers and Ideally orchestration using Kubernetes
- IaC experience using Terraform, Bicep, Helm Charts, etc.
- Generating documentation using UML and company wiki
- Modern SDLC exposure managed by project management tooling (ADO, Jira, etc.)
- Working in a team and collaborating across the group
What is it in for you?
- Private Health Insurance & others
- 8 x Salary Life Insurance
- Equity Tracking Award
- 25 days of holiday + additional holiday purchase scheme
- Cycle, Tech Purchase, and Gymflex schemes
- Opportunities for career growth
- Skill development
- Everywhere workplace up to a limited number of days per year.
How does the recruitment process look like?
- Introductory discussion with our recruiter – 30 minutes
- Hiring Manager video discussion – 30 minutes
- Technical assessment
- Team interview
At Ivanti, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ivanti believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.