Junior Software Engineer (remote / hybrid in Scotland)
Junior Software Engineer – Full Stack
Ivanti are looking for a Junior Software Engineer to join our software engineering teams in Scotland as they work on adding features to our Ivanti Service Manager platform. The role can be remote or you can work from our Dundee office, the choice is yours.
Who We Are:
Ivanti's platform makes it possible for employees to stay productive, secure and engaged wherever they are. That starts with us. With headquarters in Utah, offices in London and Paris and nearly 3,200 employees in 25 countries around the world, we are the Everywhere Workplace – it's a great time to work for Ivanti!
We anticipate our customers’ needs, we are highly responsive, and we deliver innovative solutions that exceed their expectations. Our mission is to be a global technology leader enabling organizations to thrive in the Everywhere Workplace – automating the tasks that discover, manage, secure and service all of their IT assets.
Teamwork is intrinsic to what we do and why we do it. We are accountable to each other – and support one another. We provide opportunities to grow, learn, add value and thrive – while also achieving new levels of performance. We treat all with appreciation, dignity, and respect. It is through diverse and inclusive hiring, decision-making, and commitment to our employees and partners that we will continue to build and deliver world-class solutions for our customers.
Why We Need you!
Ivanti are looking for a Software Engineer to join our software engineering teams in the UK as they work on adding features to our Ivanti Service Manager platform. The role can be remote or you can work from our Dundee office, the choice is yours.
What You Will Be Doing:
Working in a scrum team you will be responsible for designing and building solutions that meet the requirements set out by the product manager. In collaboration with your team you will add new capabilities (features) to a well-established solution.
We work in two-week sprints. Each sprint you’ll be expected to deliver incremental slices of functionality that can be demoed to your peers and others in the department at the fortnightly session.
We are very keen on continuous improvement. As a member of the R&D team you have an important part to play in highlighting bottlenecks and opportunities for us to improve as we strive to deliver consistent, high-quality, robust solutions to our customers.
- Design and develop solutions to be hosted in the cloud and largely consumed via browser and API interfaces.
- Deliver code that complies with our standards and is covered with unit and integration tests as appropriate
- Resolve issues uncovered by either your peers or our customers
- Contribute to the success of your sprints / team commitments by engaging with planning, prompt opening of code reviews and engaging with team members when blocked
To Be Successful in The Role, You Will Have:
- 1+ years experience in a software engineering role to include: Object Orientated language, web applications/services and relational databases. We use Angular, ExtJS, C#.Net and SQL Server
- Confident with modern programming concepts, including Clean Code, SOLID principles, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, and Mocking
- Experience designing and debugging applications and finding resolutions to production issues
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with source control, branching strategies. We use Git
- Experience conducting code reviews and providing feedback
- Previously provided guidance and mentorship to colleagues at all levels
- Experience of agile processes and contributing to sprint ceremonies
- Relational Database experience with either SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, etc
Even better if you have
- Experience with Devops / container / Kubernetes / Azure
- Experience with Microsoft stack particularly .Net and related development tools
What is it in for you?
- Private Health Insurance & others
- 8 x Salary Life Insurance
- Equity Tracking Award
- 25 days of holiday + additional holiday purchase scheme
- Cycle, Tech Purchase, and Gymflex schemes
- Opportunities for career growth
- Skill development
At Ivanti, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ivanti believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.